PDA

View Full Version : Value of a Jeep pickup

daniel.hall87
02-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Good morning everyone! I have a '55 (I think) Willys pickup. It has a Studebaker motor in it and is currently sitting on blocks. (It had original Willys rims which I've taken off for my '58) My Great Uncle bought it back in the early '60s-ish to use just as a parts rig, so it's never ran since he bought it. Would it be worth trying to sell? I am wanting to get some cash for my '58 project. Any thoughts? I only have 1 photo that my wife took and you can't really see much of it.. I will try and get more photos of it asap. Thanks for any input!

gmwillys
02-19-2020, 12:23 PM
Welcome Daniel,

The Studebaker engine swap was a '50s - '60s power adding swap. The truck appears to be in restorable shape from the photo, and would be worth something to someone. The real question would be is to how much is remaining of the truck. Are the floors and frame rotten? A good starting point would be to check out eWillys.com to see what the asking/going price on some of the trucks close to your condition are. You can even post your truck on there for sale for free, when you decide to pull the trigger.

http://www.ewillys.com/

daniel.hall87
02-19-2020, 12:47 PM
Thank you for the information! I will hopefully be able to get out there this weekend and take a closer look at it. It has been several years since I looked at it real closely. I will go to eWillys.com and check some others out. Thanks again!

Welcome Daniel,

The Studebaker engine swap was a '50s - '60s power adding swap. The truck appears to be in restorable shape from the photo, and would be worth something to someone. The real question would be is to how much is remaining of the truck. Are the floors and frame rotten? A good starting point would be to check out eWillys.com to see what the asking/going price on some of the trucks close to your condition are. You can even post your truck on there for sale for free, when you decide to pull the trigger.

http://www.ewillys.com/