PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the new guy

jimmit70
05-12-2020, 01:08 PM
Hey everyone! Joined to get information on my 57 Wagon, see some restoration ideas and make some new friends. 6008 Here is the wagon as I got it. Has a Buick 225 odd fire in it and is in pretty rough shape but it was free and it runs good after the carburetor was rebuilt.

Cheers, James

okiemark
05-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Free. Ha, ha. That is a trap, you know.

gmwillys
05-13-2020, 06:19 AM
Welcome Jimmit70!

I'd take a free wagon any day of the week, regardless of the condition. This just means that the budget can be used for fixing the old girl up!

The body doesn't look too bad, at least there are no gapping holes visible. There may be bondo hiding under the paint, but it is all fixable.

bmorgil
05-13-2020, 06:21 AM
Free! Wow man that deal is unbeatable. Welcome to the group. You "Buick Power" guys are getting together.

LarrBeard
05-13-2020, 07:47 AM
Tha' "Candy Man" on the corner gives you that first little sample for "free".

A free Jeep is kind of like that - only you can share the fun with a lot more people.

Have you had a look at the floor boards yet?

gmwillys
05-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Yeah, like the candy man.... Next thing you know, you'll have two wagons for parts plus your project, then a fourth CJ just because you couldn't pass up the deal.

I just broke down and purchased the Kaiser Willys offered driver's side floor board, so that will give you an idea on what's involved in sectioning in a replacement. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it soon....