PDA

View Full Version : 47 Willys Radiator repalacement

Bradhoffmeister
05-16-2020, 08:51 PM
Purchased replacement radiator from (Morris4x4-Omix) Come to find out they radiator does fit exactly but the top pipe does not have the correct angle to align the OEM hoses? I am trying to keep this rig OEM , Should I buy a small 2 in angle hose and connect? I am severally OCD about my jeep. I have thought about cutting the pipe and tig welding the correct angle into the radiator. Please advise me you have any tips. :confused::mad:

gmwillys
05-16-2020, 10:55 PM
On our 46, the replacement hose was too short for the stock radiator. I had a piece of section of pipe that I cut down to take up the difference. On some original drawings there was a piece of pipe shown but not offered.

The second picture is of a Ford Seep, but I didn't have a good picture of the tube installed in its top hose, but you can see the clamp.

Bradhoffmeister
05-17-2020, 07:16 AM
On our 46, the replacement hose was too short for the stock radiator. I had a piece of section of pipe that I cut down to take up the difference. On some original drawings there was a piece of pipe shown but not offered.

The second picture is of a Ford Seep, but I didn't have a good picture of the tube installed in its top hose, but you can see the clamp.

I also learned the prior owner had the oil line coming from the filter canister running to the fire wall connection . I have a Cj2a manual and it does not show this . The manual show the top line as return back near the fuel pump?

bmorgil
05-17-2020, 09:21 AM
Well the oil lines are usually the pressure line from the tap in the block near the fuel pump to the top of the canister, and a return line from the bottom of the canister to the front timing cover on top passenger side. I am not sure what a line to the firewall was there to accomplish.

LarrBeard
05-17-2020, 10:56 AM
I am not sure what a line to the firewall was there to accomplish.

Maybe some sort of a stub to tie in a mechanical oil pressure gauge?

Bradhoffmeister
05-17-2020, 03:46 PM
This is a pic

Bradhoffmeister
05-19-2020, 10:55 PM
How do I post a photo in this thread?

bmorgil
05-20-2020, 08:06 AM
Brad, go here.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys.com/showthread.php?2451-How-to-post-a-picture-in-a-thread