PDA

View Full Version : Jeepster Wing Window

alride
05-22-2020, 11:43 AM
I'm putting together a 48 Willys Jeepster that someone else started. Of course I'm missing some pieces! But my question here is how does the wing/vent window mount to the outer frame. I know it has a lower piece that goes through the channel and bolts to the frame(piece missing!). There is a hole for the top and the outer frame is threaded. I've done other vehicle restorations so this is no problem. I've never done a Jeepster and putting something together that someone else is a pain. Thanks for any help.

alride
05-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Here are pictures of the vent/wing window. I have new weatherstripping. I called one place that listed the lower online but they said it's unavailable anymore. I'll start looking for a used one before I make something. Just wanting to know how it all attaches though.

LarrBeard
05-22-2020, 03:50 PM
We usually have an answer to just about any question - but there are very few people in the group who can talk about unique Jeepster features with any sort of authority.

You could well be in a place to be the Jeepster expert!

Oh, by the way - that is one sharp looking vehicle!

alride
05-22-2020, 05:19 PM
Thanks, I actually found a bag tucked away and it has the upper studs, and 1 broken lower pivot with springs and washers. Just took it for a spin for a few miles. Ran out pretty good so hopefully it won't be long.

gmwillys
05-26-2020, 10:02 AM
Great find alride!

We have very limited information on the Jeepsters, but have been learning new things. LarrBeard put together a presentation a while back on the overdrive system, after a question was posted. So we will hunt down any answer we can find. We look forward to seeing your progress.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys.com/showthread.php?1970-Overdrive-relay

Attached is a link of a Jeepster club that may have some information pertaining to Jeepsters. It looks to be a good source of information.

https://www.midstatesjeepster.com/index.html