PDA

View Full Version : Ham's '48: Happy, Happy, Happy

LarrBeard
06-29-2020, 06:04 PM
I brought the truck home from the body shop today.

This is what Happy looks like to a Jeeper ...

bmorgil
06-29-2020, 06:41 PM
Nice man!!! You gotta love it. Cruising with all the gauges straight up or better. Look at that shiny hood!

gmwillys
06-29-2020, 06:59 PM
Great to see you cruising Ham's 48 down the highway! All the gages are sitting pretty. True happiness!

LarrBeard
06-29-2020, 08:09 PM
Great to see you cruising Ham's 48 down the highway! All the gages are sitting pretty. True happiness!

You guys understand gauges at mid-scale!

To top it all off; once I got home; no drips, drops, dribbles or leaks!

We are having a July 4th Parade Saturday and I'm making some frames to go in the stake pockets for signs honoring the kids. The graduates will ride in back and give Princess waves as we go through town.

That's what old trucks are for!

okiemark
06-29-2020, 10:01 PM
It is beautiful!

TJones
06-30-2020, 03:45 AM
Nice man!!! You gotta love it. Cruising with all the gauges straight up or better. Look at that shiny hood!

Damn Larry it looks like you could ice skate on that hood it’s so smooth,
WOW you have raised the bar Buddy it looks Great!!!
We can see that Sh#€ Eating grin on your face in the reflection off the dash as your taking the picture of the dash!!!!

gmwillys
06-30-2020, 08:15 AM
That is a well deserved grin!

5JeepsAz
06-30-2020, 09:39 AM
Happy 4th!!! We can feel the wind on your drive home. You must feel like a billion dollars. Looking forward to pics from the parade. Congratulations!!!

LarrBeard
06-30-2020, 02:52 PM
Happy 4th!!! We can feel the wind on your drive home. You must feel like a billion dollars. Looking forward to pics from the parade. Congratulations!!!

Look at the cowl. I have the factory A/C running full blast.

gmwillys
06-30-2020, 06:10 PM
There is no better air flow then the cowl vent! Add the wing windows and 45 Mph, you'll stay cool, and look good doing it.

LarrBeard
06-30-2020, 10:30 PM
It was a good drive home. It had been a hot day, but about ten minutes into the trip home, a big black cloud came up - I thought I was going to get a soft water rain wash - but only about a dozen drops. I did have the wings open and it wasn't a bad trip at all.

About half way home, about where Indiana 215 crosses State Road 3, this big bird comes out of the cornfield to my left (east) and he is flapping really hard to get airborne. He had a bunch of Red-Wing Blackbirds all over him and he just wanted to get away. My first thought was that some poor old buzzard had gotten run off his afternoon snack. He crossed in front of me, and turned back north on my right side (west side of road).

There was a sunny spot behind him and when he turned I could see that it wasn't a buzzard - buzzards don't have white tail feathers. The Red-Wing Blackbirds were chasing a Bald Eagle. Eagles are not common here, but they are not really rare either.

You see a lot more things at 40 MPH with the windows down than you do at air-conditioned 75 MPH!

5JeepsAz
07-03-2020, 02:09 PM
That's living. A cowl. Which blows cold air or not, depending. Amazing! Just wondering how your seat is on that thing? Did you do a complete rebuild, reupholster, seat cover? And I envy of that dash paint. Whole new meaning of shine it on. Makes a guy look at his pocket book...

Edit: sent an inmail but your mailbox is full