PDA

View Full Version : Need to get my 48 CJ2A running again!!

PhotoFlyer
07-21-2020, 10:03 PM
Hi all,
It was a little beat up but ran well when I decided to take it apart 23 years ago. Had 2 kids and haven't touched it since. Really itching to get it back together and running again. It has a flat head Kaiser 6 in it. I think it spent some time in the forest service. Originally Orangeish red and used to go fishing in it in Chester, Ca when I was a kid so has sentimental value. I started painting it yellow 23 years ago but am now thinking I'd go with a deeper red/burgundy. I have since bought a yellow 72 Chevy C20 truck so don't need 2 yellow rigs. My fuel system is gunked up and need to replace the gas tank. Debating over a plastic or metal tank. I'm strong on paint and welding but not as much on mechanical so will probably be asking a lot of questions.

That's my story and looking forward to joining this group!

Thanks,
Tip

Carson Childs
07-22-2020, 04:44 AM
Hello, Tip! Welcome to the forum!

bmorgil
07-22-2020, 06:14 AM
Welcome! lets see those before you start pictures.

gmwillys
07-22-2020, 06:37 AM
Welcome Photoflyer !

Pictures are always welcome here, even of your '72 C20. We are here to help you with any questions big or small, so ask away.

LarrBeard
07-22-2020, 07:14 AM
It's gotta be red.

The original Red for a 48 CJ 2A was Luzon Red. My '48 truck was Tunisian Red and BMorgil found the lady in the Dupont Vintage Paint Library who gave us all the formulas for the original color.

Luzon Red is just a bit lighter and brighter that Tunisian Red.

(We sound like a bunch of women talking about this and that color. We really can't match shirts and pants and neckties...)

okiemark
07-22-2020, 09:00 AM
Hi, Tip. You have come to the right place. It's time to get started!

5JeepsAz
07-22-2020, 12:15 PM
Red is red. Not two syllables. Pics or it didn't happen!