PDA

View Full Version : A Lesson From The Past

LarrBeard
08-17-2021, 08:04 PM
The power has been off here for about three and a half hours and I decided to rig the generator through the main box transfer switch before it got dark.

But, remembering Pelago's story about generators walking off in the middle of the night, that big-assed chain is tied back to the safety chain hooks on a Ford Ranger

TJones
08-17-2021, 08:42 PM
I do remember that story from Ira ‘s post :):)
That’s hilarious Larry.

gmwillys
08-17-2021, 09:02 PM
I remember that oh so well. Protect the gen set with a multi layer protection plan. First the big arsed chain, then start secure it to the danger Ranger, then top if off with a surprise 06 rounds zipping overhead.

bmorgil
08-18-2021, 05:50 AM
An ought six has a way about it.

5JeepsAz
08-18-2021, 05:53 PM
Fencing. Definately.

gmwillys
08-18-2021, 08:54 PM
As long as AZ doesn't put the fence up or park near it. Most convincing deterrent would be the ought 6.

bmorgil
08-19-2021, 06:12 AM
They could drag the Ranger, the fence and the generator out all at once with a big roll-off and a cable winch. The ought 6 cannot be out run however! I believe we all know Larry can shoot.

LarrBeard
08-19-2021, 06:30 AM
The power has been off here for about three and a half hours and I decided to rig the generator through the main box transfer switch before it got dark.

But, remembering Pelago's story about generators walking off in the middle of the night, that big-assed chain is tied back to the safety chain hooks on a Ford Ranger

All ended well with no incidents. The power came back on after about five hours and I just stashed the generator in the garage once it had cooled down for a bit.

And, if anyone wants the generator badly enough to drag the truck out through the garage doors, he can have it.....

TJones
08-19-2021, 03:02 PM
You guys are a Hoot:):):)

And yes Larry can shoot, long distances