PDA

View Full Version : 1956 Willys Wagon Chassis available

jbrewington
10-08-2021, 02:30 PM
I have a 56 Willys Wagon Chassis I am looking to get rid of. Any suggestions on what it is worth?

Has the Super Hurricane engine. Currently runs and drives.

Chassis only; bumper to bumper.

If interested, I can be reached at 870-497-0667.
(sorry for image rotation, when attached, it rotates to position seen??)

TJones
10-08-2021, 04:47 PM
Where you located jbrewington?
It’s pretty nice, are you keeping the body and just selling the chassis or are you selling it complete?

gmwillys
10-10-2021, 08:06 PM
Welcome Jbrewington,

With a running and driving chassis, I would ask around $1,000 to $1,500, depending on the condition of the drive train and the frame rails. You will likely find someone who would be interested in the engine, but not the rest or vise versa. If I were to not know anything about condition, I would offer $800 sight un-seen mainly for spares for my wagon. Not to low ball you, but that's were I would start.... I need more parts like I need more holes bored in my head. But as you post some more pictures, we can have a discussion. Arkansas isn't a far piece from here.

bmorgil
10-11-2021, 06:27 AM
Jb you may want to list it here.

https://willysforsale.com/

jbrewington
10-12-2021, 02:32 PM
I am keeping the body for an offroad build I am doing. Selling the chassis; bumper to bumper. Plans are to pull the body this week.

jbrewington
10-12-2021, 02:34 PM
Thank you for your feedback. Once I pull the body I will post pictures of chassis and drivetrain. Thanks again.

51 CJ3
10-12-2021, 02:54 PM
Which piece gets the serial/vin number?

gmwillys
10-13-2021, 05:35 AM
The body is pretty easy to remove, even if you do not have a fancy automotive lift or a bunch of friends. It looks like you have all the needed tooling, so you'll have a breeze of a good time.

The serial number for the body is the most important aspect for licensing through DMVs. The frame serial number is hit or miss on most variances through Willys history. You can legally swap a chassis of your choice and make what you like.

jbrewington
10-14-2021, 09:41 PM
The body is pretty easy to remove, even if you do not have a fancy automotive lift or a bunch of friends. It looks like you have all the needed tooling, so you'll have a breeze of a good time.

The serial number for the body is the most important aspect for licensing through DMVs. The frame serial number is hit or miss on most variances through Willys history. You can legally swap a chassis of your choice and make what you like.

I pulled the chassis out from under mine today. Moved the body over to the ton chassis.....

gmwillys
10-15-2021, 09:11 AM
Looking good! Way easier to use a two post lift then what I've done. The chassis looks like it fits really well in the width.

bmorgil
10-15-2021, 03:19 PM
That looks very cool! Fits right on there.

jbrewington
10-16-2021, 06:04 AM
That looks very cool! Fits right on there.

Now the work begins....right:rolleyes:

jbrewington
10-16-2021, 06:13 AM
Looking good! Way easier to use a two post lift then what I've done. The chassis looks like it fits really well in the width.

Yes sir, the two post is amazing help with this sort of stuff. I'm a blessed man to have one.

Chassis width is going to work out I believe. About to get online and place an order this am to build the rear suspension. Looking at double triangulated enduro setup with coil-overs.

That chassis came off without issue[ removed it as if i was going to place another body on it. I have the key switch, regulator and starter solenoid still wired up; starting without body on it:cool:

jbrewington
10-16-2021, 07:24 AM
Where you located jbrewington?
It’s pretty nice, are you keeping the body and just selling the chassis or are you selling it complete?

I'm located in Jonesboro Arkansas(hour from Memphis)

I am keeping the body for an offroad build I am doing. Selling the chassis; bumper to bumper.

jbrewington
10-17-2021, 08:48 PM
Chassis is available.

Removed body from chassis so nothing was damaged. Rear bumper not on chassis(not mounted when I purchased) but I have rear bumper and goes with chassis. Also have new fuel tank and sending unit for 56 Willys that is available as well. I have video of engine running without body on chassis; unable to upload to this site??

jbrewington
10-23-2021, 08:29 PM
Still available...

bmorgil
10-24-2021, 06:22 AM
jb put it out on,

jbrewington
10-24-2021, 07:15 AM
jb put it out on,

I did. Thank you.