PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from SW Oregon

SageRat
11-23-2012, 09:44 PM
Howdy all,
I'm in a long time relationship with a 1950 CJ3A, bought her 42 years ago and then married into another one, a 51, 39 years ago. They are both pretty much stock altho the old one has an overdrive, electric fuel pump and a PTO winch converted to run off the front of the engine and the newer one has the stuff needed to run a snow plow. They get used here on the ranch quite a bit and like all vintage rigs, just require some ongoing tinkering to keep everything running just right. Thankfully, they are pretty simple to work on.
I'm an avid collector of Kimber of Oregon rimfire rifles and one of the sources of much of the information I use and need for that hobby is Rimfirecentral.com, a truly great and informative forum. I'm hoping that this forum fills the same role in my Willys Jeep endeavors.
I'm looking forward a lot of good information and positive dialogue.
John

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
11-23-2012, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the forum John. 42 and 39 years...you aren't kiddin when you said long term. I am fairly new with Willys. I have a 48 Pickup but we are only engaged at this point. She has been with me for about 8 months now and just like my other wife is eating up my wallet. I am going for a rebuild not really a restore but trying to keep a nice Willys look to it. I have been learning alot on the way and continue to learn ALOT more as I go. If I can help I will certainly try. Again welcome.

Jcmjr1959
11-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Welcome John , to keep anything that long is amazing , that is wonderful , and you are funny 1948 cal....I am new to jeeps only three months wish i bought it years ago and for me its not really about restore or rebuild but to revive ....I keep some things along time as well but mostly junk and my wife and kids say all the time that I am one pile of #%!? from being a HOARDER !!!!!!