PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased a 1958 Willys Wagon and our wheels are turning!

TheWarWagon58
03-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Purchased on Saturday and is a bit rough but my wife and I are excited about this new adventure. The previous owner started a restoration but became overwhelmed so here we are. It's been primed but still needs some body work. Mechanically, it runs pretty good but will need new brakes seeing as the present ones don't really work...:eek: Also, the steering is shot but the engine has already been traded out to a 350 small block that is in pretty good shape so that's a plus I guess...:confused: We figure we'll focus on the steering and brakes first and then plan our next steps.

Looking forward to everyone's input!

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
03-05-2013, 08:04 AM
That sounds like a good start. Do you plan on doing any upgrades like power steering or disc brakes? If not you should consider it.

TheWarWagon58
03-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Yea we definitely need a brake upgrade and power steering would be nice. We are considering swapping the 350 to a 392 Mopar engine so that it will be somewhat closer to the same company, and we just like Mopar better. Any other upgrade suggestions are greatly appreciated :)

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
03-06-2013, 09:33 AM
What do you plan on doing with it? Will it ba daily driver, show car, tow vehicle? There are so many things you can do with these vehicles so you definitely need a direction. Once you have the direction then you can figure where to go from there. It almost sounds like an entry level dragster with the Mopar engine.