PDA

View Full Version : Value of a Willys tub?

Corelulos
04-03-2013, 06:48 PM
I have recently found a Willys jeep tub. I am not sure what model it is yet. It is in rough condition. It has the windshield frame, and I think both of the seat mounting brackets and a couple other things. I will be taking lots of pics of it and even a walk around video of it. It was stored in a warehouse, but the warehouse had a bad roof and pigeons roosted over it so you can imagine the mess...
As I recall there were some rust issues on the driver side floor too.
What I was wondering is what price range would I be able to get for it? The person who hired me to clean out the warehouse said he was just going to scrap it, but I convinced him to let me see whether it may be worth more than the scrap price.

I was reading some other info and I know I need to look for a serial number too.
Any way when I get the pics and video uploaded I can post the link, perhaps that may help get me a better idea on what to ask for it.

Oldwillys
04-26-2013, 06:47 PM
Why scrap or sell it?Your on the jeep forum,why not build a jeep?

Corelulos
04-27-2013, 06:42 AM
Update: After some research on the vin I discovered that the tub was actually a CJ-7 tub made in 1979. I placed it on eBay for sale as such and it looks like it is going to sell. I want to say thanks for the response.
I really do not have any experience in restoring autos. Nor do I have anything near the facility or tools required. Being a carpenter by trade, my talents are more geared towards remodeling and rebuilding residential homes...
Thanks again.

56 CJ Shelley Raye
05-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Hope it sells, too bad you aren't set up for a custom build!