PDA

View Full Version : New to this site,but not to vintage jeeps!

Oldwillys
04-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Hello,good to find a forum on old jeeps.I have owned well over 25 cj2a's,3a's and a couple trucks over the years.I currently own 6 from 1946-1950 cjs.One I drive daily,one 3/4 redone,one in the process of a frame up rebuild(this one has a new steel body waiting to be painted and put on).I have three more that are my parts jeeps,I also have 2 complete original aluminum full tops,but would love to find an aluminum half cab.i look forward to reading and seeing pics of any flat fenders,my name is Ron/oldwilys.

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
04-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Hey Ron. Are you a professional car guy? Sounds like you have a ton of experience. I know most of the people currently active on this forum are beginners and could use some sound advice from a pro. That includes me. Anyway welcome to the forum.

Oldwillys
04-24-2013, 08:15 AM
I am just an average fellow who as a boy fell in love with flat fenders and never got over my first love.After all these years,I still lose my breath and get all clammy and sweaty when I spot a neglected flaty tucked back in an old barn or shed.My wife long ago accepted the fact even she comes in second to a flat fender!

56 CJ Shelley Raye
04-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Hey Ron, nice to "meet you". I too am always on the lookout for that old rusty hay and dust covered "mechanical thing" with a steering wheel and headligts, barely visible from that small barn door opening, while taking rides around in the country. I'm new here, workin on my '56 CJ5, and hopin to get some pointers. Mine isn't a flat fender, but it runs and I love it. This forum looks like it will be useful and fun!

Oldwillys
04-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi Shelly,nice to meet you also.Something about an old jeep puts a little spring in ones step.I live pretty far out in the country,but with the new marcelous gas boom, traffic has picked up.Nearly everyday some one stops and wants to buy one of my flattys,I always give the the same answer....Not now ,not ever!hope any questions can be answered bout your 56 on this site!good luck.

56 CJ Shelley Raye
04-26-2013, 08:27 AM
Definitely know what you mean by the spring in the step. My grandfather had an old International Harvester, looked like the early Ford Bronco's. That thing would chug along just like a tractor, and it did everything that was asked of it. I hate that it went to the "Auto Man" a few years ago after my grandfather passed. Maybe there's another out there that I can grab up and play with after my CJ is on the ..... road? I'm glad to hear your flattys are near and dear. I saw a '63 Buick Electra on the way to work this morning, it was a beaut. Can't help but drool over the "real" vehicles, the ones of the past.

lessonstar
01-15-2018, 09:13 PM
nice to meet,maybe about car light can find me