PDA

View Full Version : Canuck here looking for some help

mackcs212
05-08-2013, 08:16 PM
hey, I am looking at buying a 52 willys pickup... we think haha, it has the front end of a truck, unsure of the year, haven't got it home to take a closer look at the Data Plate. but the rear end is custom. I am pretty sure it is not the truck frame, and may be a jeep frame. I am looking to turn it into a mudder, so no big deal to me. let me know what you think of the Willy, and any suggestions you may have for it. Cheers

Chris

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
05-09-2013, 08:10 AM
I think you have the hood and grill from a truck but not sure about fenders. From the 3rd pic above they look like they come to a point which I dont recall ever seeing on a truck. Also the body is kind of odd for a Willys where the tranny and transfer box shifter come through. Its kind of hard to tell but I thought most Willys had a removeable panel in that section but I could be wrong. Either way I think its pretty cool looking. I am a huge fan of anything split windowed.

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
05-10-2013, 08:23 AM
Looks like 52 and up trucks and wagons had that little pointy thing on the fenders. Thats just something I never noticed before.

mackcs212
05-10-2013, 07:37 PM
it is a 50-52 because "The truck received a facelift in 1950 and became the 473, with the new "Hurricane" four-cylinder engine as an option. This model introduced the v-shaped front end with five horizontal bars, as well as an updated gauge cluster. The steps on the side of the pickup box were deleted."-Wikipedia. The frame has not been chopped (cut) anywhere, that's why I am thinking it is not a stock frame. Once I get it home I can go over it more and see if the drivetrain has been changed at all, and go from there.