PDA

View Full Version : Just Getting Started

njlorusso
06-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey Everyone, Ive got a 1948 4wd Overlander Pickup. Im at the start of my restoration and literally need help getting started. This is my first restoration and any assitance would be awesome. This truck has been parked in a shed on a dirt floor for twenty years with no attention.The unfortunate thing is that this truck had been restored 20 years ago and was allowed to fall apart again. As i mentioned earlier any assistance would be greatly apreciated. Thanks, Nick.

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
06-05-2013, 07:20 PM
The first thing you have to ask yourself is how much money do you have and are you willing to spend it restoring this vehicle. Full frame off "restoration" will cost you about as much as a new car. That does of course depend on how much you need to replace. A 20 year old restoration might significantly reduce that cost provided everything is still working ok. I'm guessing since you are up in hall of fame territory your vrhicle may have seen a lot of salt and could be pretty rusted depending on if they drove it hard and put it away wet 20 years ago. Do you have some pictures you could post?