PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Knighty
08-21-2013, 03:12 PM
My name is Jason and I just got my first Jeep. A rusted up 1970 Commando. :p

I have never worked on cars before so this is either the dumbest thing I've done or just goes along with me loving challenges. When I was looking for a car for my daughter I saw this and fell in love. How I fell in love with a rusted up photo I don't know. My wife thought me insane and tried to talk me out of it but I caved and bought it for $1500 not including the $200 for a flat bed to tow it home.

The body needs some work and is probably the worst part of it. It had a nice white hardtop but once I removed it it crumbled. The tailgate needs replacing and the entire floor pan basically. There is a lot of surface rust on chassis but nothing eaten through that I can see.

I have no garage and a small driveway so this is going to be a mutha. I would love to yank the motor and tranny to reseal and work them nice but I just don't see how I can possibly do that especially with no room, car experience or restoration experience.

I have all my photos up on a website https://my1970jeepcommandorestoration.shutterfly.com/ if anyone is interested. I currently am a member on a only Commandos website but I would definitely appreciate any help I could get on here as well. I welcome any advice or guidance.

1948 Cal Willys Pickup
08-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Dude its Shawn. Sell your Commando and buy that other Willys you were looking at. Meet me in Cali and I will drive up to Oregon with you to pick it up.

Knighty
08-22-2013, 08:29 AM
Dude its Shawn. Sell your Commando and buy that other Willys you were looking at. Meet me in Cali and I will drive up to Oregon with you to pick it up.

I may have to live on the West Coast if I did that man. lol:( She'd kill me. I don't even know the price he'd accept on that one.

I'm happy with this. Just is gonna be some sheet work.

willys55
08-30-2013, 04:58 AM
Hi Jason, looks like you will have your hands full for awhile with that.