Thread: Fuel pump install question: gaskets ?

Hybrid View

Fuel pump install question: gaskets ?

Please help me. I just removed the old fuel pump from CJ5 (engine F134). I am about to install a new fuel pump. (It is the glas bowl one without the vacuum for wipers)
    The old system had a spacer in between block and the fuel pump gasket. so I want to install that spacer also again back in place. The new fuel pump only come with 1 gasket.

So now i have properly cleaned up block where fuel need to be fastened, a spacer, a fuel pump gasket and the fuel pump itself

I cant think that you would not use a gasket also between the block and the spacer.

My question:
    DO I need to have a gasket also between the block and the spacer or can I just use some RVT paste (silicone gasket maker) between block and Spacer.
    DO I still need to have that spacer (I read somewhere it is not necessary for the single pump)

My thought are that I need the following between the block and the fuel pump
    Block, then gasket, then spacer, then gasket again and then only the fuel pump

please advice

Hi Johan,
    If you don’t have an extra gasket just use some gasket sealant and you are all set. You will want to use the spacer still yes.