Thread: Bucket of bolts??

Bucket of bolts??

I am embarking on a new project. I am the proud owner of a new-to-me 1953 CJ3B.

The previous Owner had it in rather nice shape. Looks like it was a project that lost momentum. New floor boards, engine is very clean. No rust anyplace. I am rebuilding the starter and a replacing the battery, but generally looks like it is in fine mechanical shape. I will be replacing the tie rods, and bushing as the steering seems to have dried up. And the radiator and grill is currently in my garage. It was removed by the PO.

That brings me to my question. The grill, radiator and fan shroud will need to be re-installed and I have none of the original hardware to attach it. I don’t know if these bolts should be grade 5 or 8, do they through bold to a lock washer and nut? What are the sizes? How many do I need? Is there a good source for a getting a bucket of bolts? Also, I have not found a good diagram on how these attach. I am sure I can figure it out, but a diagram would make sure I don’t miss a bolt. Thinking of taking off the fenders as well, then taking them to a body shop to get made perfect.

I found the diagram, but still need size and source for the bolts..

Doubt any need to be grade 8. You'll just have to use some trial and error on the size, find what will fit and take those to the store with you. Stainless steel looks nice and is prolly plenty strong.

buy what fits. probably 1/4, 5/16, or /3/8. measure the hole to see what fits in. My son has a 54 3b. I can see whats in it