I have a 1960 willy's CJ5. It's been in the family for 40+years. I have been torn on what todo. A couple of years ago I tried to get it running again, I replaced the carb, plugs, valve clearance, and checked compression. I believe there was a little difference between the cylinders. The problem is I could never get it to run quite right. It would be hard to start, wouldn't want to idle, or other times it would idle but wouldn't rev up. I am torn right now. One part wants to keep original, another part wants to put a 4.3 chevy v6, and another part wants to convert to diesel.
Another issue I had was the heater box, under the dash, finally rotted loose. Haven't found a replacement kit for that.
The front passenger tire locks ups. Jack it up and it rotates freely, pull it from one place to another and it drags the front wheel.
The thing that makes it tough, is a person wants to make it useable, I don't have the place or money for a collectors item, that's why I keep on thinking diesel or v6 conversion.
Any thought's or suggestions??
Thanks.