I recently acquired a 1953 Jeep Willy’s pickup, mostly original condition. It’s been in our family since the late 1950s but it’s been parked for the last 25 years. It’s the 1 ton 4x4 model with an inline 4 cylinder F134 motor. The motor might not be the original, it was rebuilt in the early 1980s by a company in TX and I don’t know if they used the original block or did a core swap. It has a metal plate with the rebuild info that covers the original engine stamp. It appears to be bored 0.03 over on the pistons. As far as I know everything else is original, it is still set up for 6volt system. It has spent the majority of its life in south central South Dakota so it’s almost rust free. The doors were repaired or replaced at one time and they have a little rust on the bottom edge. The bottom front edge of the bed is also mildly rusted. The body, badges and trim are all there and it currently runs. It is missing the original gas tank and it needs new exhaust after the header. We actually have the original South Dakota Title and registration.

Couple questions for all you Jeep/Willys lovers- What is it worth, real money, if I chose to sell it? And also, is anyone out there seriously looking for something like this? I might continue to fix it up, it needs paint and lot of little TLC. But if someone is going to buy it, I probably should not waste more time with repairs they will not like. Right? Thanks in advance for all your advice.