Thread: Danny from Austin, Texas, Y'all

Danny from Austin, Texas, Y'all

Hello everyone. I bought my first Willys, a '62 Wagon 4WD, in June of 2014. At one time it actually was a show truck, but sitting, broken down, for about 5 years with beach sand not washed off destroyed her once beautiful body. A friend(now) bought it from the PO and got it running well enough to get it to his shop. A deal was struck and brought her home. She needed brakes, steering overhaul, carb overhaul, and on & on. My Woman and I worked on her just about every evening that summer and got her roadworthy in time for FJ Fallout2 at Hidden Falls Adventure Park in September 2014. Made it there, 'froaded 3days, and back home, only a flat tire. It had a 350/TH350/NP205 drivetrain already, but severely leaking seals called for an overhaul. After pricing parts and machine work we decided on a crate Blueprint 383 Stroker/TCI TH350 combo. We pulled the old and with the expert help from my friend Tony, owner of Jollyville Garage, the new drivetrain was in and running Memorial Day, 2015. She still needs quite a bit to get her where I want her(rebuilding a Ford 9"er to replace the rear Dana 44 that very suddenly & unexpectedly self destructed at high speed educating us on how Richard Petty feels). She'll always be a work in progress. In October, 2015, we bought our second Willys, a '59 Pickup Truck 4WD. https://youtu.be/ijfAgheas_Q
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DFT2112; 05-12-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Welcome fellow Texan. Willys vehicles seem to be addictive. I have 5 Jeeps now. Always plenty to work on but never enough time or money!

Thank you and yes they are addictive. What part of Texas do you reside?