Thread: Another Jeep Nut

Another Jeep Nut

I am Randall from Southeast Oklahoma the part of Oklahoma that has mountains. I have always had a jeep of some kind since 1976. I currently have a 78 CJ5, and two CJ8 Scramblers, and now I have a not sure what year but do know it is a MB Jeep. My dad has a friend who had bought this MB and just didn't have the time or money to get it going so I gave him $600 and now I am in the process of getting it back on the road. We just rebuilt the steering column, and will be working on the brakes next. I am amazed at how the Military Jeeps in the MB and GPW era are to work on, I guess they were built with simplicity in mind so that they could be fixed and put back into battle. I LOVE this thing.

Grats on the MB. I have a 42 MB. The date of delivery will be on one of the data tags on the glovebox. If it is missing, you can look for the serial number on the frame tag. It is located on the inside of the left side of the frame between the grill and bumper. You can research the serial number and find out the year.

Thanks for the info. I will check for that number today.

my MB is a 1942 mod.

Nice. Does it have The Willys name stamped on the rear panel? The early 42 jeeps are known as script jeeps. They had the Ford or Willys name stamped on the lower left of the rear panel. This was removed around July of 42.