Thread: go devil

go devil

heys guys i have a 42 willys mb with the go devil motor today brought it to work, an on the way the motor just died on me. i checked everything put new points it gots new cap,rotor an plugs.my question is. can a codenser keep my motor from running.i did not replace that. i got spark

A condenser can cause an engine not to run. As a summary, a condenser gives you a hotter spark, (technically it makes the spark discharge a damped oscillation...). For what little it costs, change the condenser - but if you do have a good sharp blue spark - look elsewhere.

Clogged fuel line?

yeah iv been working on this motor all weekend still nothing.i think this motor jump time on me i have exausted all my knowlage on it. got fuel,air,an spark still nothing.is there anyway i can see if i jump time without taking it apart.

can running my go devil engine without a thermastat hurt my motor.

Running with no Thermostat

Quote Originally Posted by mr 42 View Post
    can running my go devil engine without a thermastat hurt my motor.
    In the short term, no.

In the long run - Yes.

Over the long term running without a thermostat won't let the engine get hot enough to get all of the moisture and volatile stuff out of the lube oil system. That degrades the oil quicker and lets acidic crud build up in the oil.The old engines didn't have that hot a thermostat, but they still need one if you're going to run it for a long time.