Page 197 of 252 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

a question.
    would a leak in the vacum side of a fuel pump, (intake from gas tank) cause a air bubble or disturb the flow to carb? yesterday the motor started "loping" at 45mph, up and down up and down. backed off a bit and it stopped.
    pulled in garage thinking that float had issues, shut it off and went inside. this am had considerable gas puddle on floor, tightened the offending joint (fuel line to rubber line that goes into pump) dried off and restarted motor, backed out of garage and is in driveway, no leak spotted? this is another kaiser willy rubber line with ameridan threads and metric wrench size???

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    a question. would a leak in the vacum side of a fuel pump, (intake from gas tank) cause a air bubble or disturb the flow to carb?
    It probably could. Now that things are tight, see if it happens again. I am always suspicious of coincidences; if A and B happen at the same time - and haven't happened before - there is a good chance that they are connected to one another.

Definitely could cause it. "Up and down" sure sounds like lean then back and lean and back. A leak on the suction side could cause more than a bubble. The pump could keep loosing prime. I agree with Larry, take it for a spin. I bet you fixed it.

"pump could keep loosing prime" while driving it it sure seemed a fuel issue, up and down up and down, like running out of fuel,,, i never thought of pump losing prime, but if it sucking air???? who knows, might have to ask the shadow

here is the culprit i got this kit from kaiser and the one that leaks is the 8" rubber hose that connects the fuel line to the pump, have to use a metric wrench to hold it and metric to tighten fitting that tells me orient, might have to go the same guy that built my oil line also from kaiser it leaked and actually separated, sure glad it did not separate while driving in as much as it was net to oil pump, been a hell of a fix, and could have blown motor.......MADE IN ORIENT IS STAYS ON THE SHELF, AINT BUYING IT

This might also answer the idle question, been driving me nuts set lean/rich and idle and five minutes later is is all over the place.. only way i found it was by accident, filled tank all way and even had gas in the neck and that was physically higher than the leak area so it leaked...............................
    Last edited by pelago; 10-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.

might have already seen this site, but on chance have not, worth reading
    http://m38a1.com/Resources/history.htm

Foreign parts. You get what you pay for. A few dollars more, and no problems.

Our local Veterans Museum has some good examples of the early Jeeps. The first picture is of a Bantam BR 60. The second is the Willys MA. The third is the Ford Pygmy. The fourth is a Humvee prototype. The last is the seep.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 10-27-2019 at 08:37 PM.

never drove anything but a m38a1, mighty mite (these were worthless) and the M151, and we had the gamma goat, another strange vehicle, one of the best ones was the (can not remember the name, but had almost a lawnmower ingine and was just platform, but we had recoiless rifles on them and machine guns and used them to haul ammo, but damn can t remember the name

cool photos

I am loving all this history! I think they had one of those "platform" vehicles at the Toledo Jeep Fest inside near LarrBeard's truck. It had what looked like a small engine mounted under a platform. It was shown as very rare. Maybe LarrBeard has a picture of it.

Speaking of your experiences, did you see the article in this months American Rifleman on the The M1903A1/UNERTL USMC Sniper Rifle? Great article. I bet you have some experience with those rifles Ira! I think you have a few. https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-sniper-rifle/

I am growing nervous about all the rubber lines on my CJ. They all came from KW.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-28-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I am loving all this history! I think they had one of those "platform" vehicles at the Toledo Jeep Fest inside near LarrBeard's truck. It had what looked like a small engine mounted under a platform. It was shown as very rare. Maybe LarrBeard has a picture of it.

Speaking of your experiences, did you see the article in this months American Rifleman on the The M1903A1/UNERTL USMC Sniper Rifle? Great article. I bet you have some experience with those rifles Ira! I think you have a few. https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-sniper-rifle/

I am growing nervous about all the rubber lines on my CJ. They all came from KW.
    I actually have one of these rifles mine has the 8pwr scope and started out life as a 1929 national match 1903, Philadelphia naval shipyard gunsmiths turned them into the 1941 USMC sniper rifle, actually that photo was from tarawa, i shot mine in the inaugural national sniper matdh an got a silver, knocked one out of X ring at 600 yards
    also have a 1903A4. dont worry about rubber until you see a leak

https://www.ebay.com/i/283654563524?...&ul_noapp=true

but wouldnt this be slick............................................. ..