Page 175 of 252 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

From a Wiki Source:

The 3rd Battalion's nickname "Darkhorse" sprang from the radio call sign it used during the Korean War, chosen by Colonel Robert Taplett, who as the Battalion Commander (CO) of that time had the call sign "Darkhorse Six". The name fell out of use until 2003; during the training to return to Iraq in 2004, the Battalion Commander, Lt. Col. P. J. Malay, requested use of the "Darkhorse" call sign as a homage to the battalion's bravery in Korea. The nickname stuck and the 3/5 Marines now use it on their unofficial patches.

One of Ambler Furry's Rules of Combat: "Tracers work both ways"

DARK HORSE.jpg

my unit long ago

Very cool!

JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING WHILE WATCHING A SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE THAT INCLUDED THE DREADED BIG EMP....
    We will still have vehicles that will start, and move no solid state ignition that wont work

That's why a multifuel Deuce and a half is going for stupid money on Ebay. The prepper community are stock piling these trucks to cruise around after an EMP wipes out everything electronic.

Ira;

One of the things I did when I had to work for a living was to analyze effects of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation on airborne electronics as well as look at system configurations for EMP Susceptibility. (It sounds a lot more exotic than it really was ... mainly looking at part numbers and tables of numbers - eyestrain and boredom.)

One of my rules of thumb was, if a vehicle can run after having a GRC-106 100-watt HF SSB set operate near it, it will probably survive a far field EMP pulse. But - with all of the vehicle data and control buses in modern vehicles - after SHTF day, Old Jeeps will rule again!

Good to hear from you again. You've been quiet for a bit.

i love my old colllins S line100_0587.jpg

with this beam can reach out and touch especially with a henry 3ka

One of these days we'll have to set up a sched on 75 or 60 to talk. (Can you move the S-Line to 60 or will we need to go to 40?)

have to look at crystal pak and antenna, NEED TO ADD NEVER BEEN ON 60 METERS 80, YEAH HAVE A GREAT DIPOLE CENTERED ON 7.268 NO SWR
    Last edited by pelago; 08-26-2019 at 05:36 AM.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/windshi...0-68-m38-m38a1

AM LOOKING AT WINDSHIELD WIPERS, SEEMS THAT I CAN GET THE TWO VACUM MOTORS REBUILT HOWEVER THE GUYS THAT DO IT ALL INDICATE THAT IF THERE IS MUCH PITTING ON THE ACTUAL ROD THAT THE WIPERS ATTACH TO THAT IT MIGHT NOT BE SATISFACTORY. AND THE COST IS PRETTY HIGH?? LIKE TO HAVE WIPERS,,, WOULD NEED TWO OF THESE GUYS, COMMENTS??

SPARE TIRE BRACKET, KAISER PRETTY HIGH ON THIS? HAVE SEEN SEVERAL ON EBAY MUCH MORE REALISTIC AND HAVE SEEN CABLE FOR SPEEDOMETER ALSO ON EBAY AND MUCH CHEAPER....

JEEP PARTS GAVE ME A QUOTE FOR CANVAS, THE WHOLE SHOOTING MATCH TOP, SIDES, DOORS BOWS ALL OF IT FOR LITTLE LESS THAT 1500.00 NOT BAD AT ALL
    COMMENTS ON THE LIST??

A LITTLE SIDEBAR OF FIFTH MARINES... PELILEU, BATTLE, THE POINT WHERE THEY HAD A HELL OF A TIME, COMPANY SHOT TO HELL AND THEY TOOK IT. AND HELD IT AND HAD TO USE CAPTURED JAP MACHINE GUNS TO HOLD IT, THEY WERE RUNNING OUT OF AMMO. PULLER HAD GONE TO THE NAVY TO HAVE THE ENTIRE AREA HIT WITH NAVAL GUNFIRE AND THE LEAD NAVY GUY SAID NO...... WHAT A FOOLISH MOVE BY THE NAVY, THAT PLACE COST OVER 200 MARINES. ONE OF THEM USED HIS KBAR, AND LEFT IT STUCK IN SAND, HE WENT BACK FIFTY YEARS LATER AND FOUND IT... AND FROM RESEARCH I DID IT SEEMS THAT THE MARINES DID NOT THINK SO MUCH OF CHESTY PULLER. A LOT OF CONTROVERSY ON HIS ACTIONS. GENERALY SPEAKING CHESTY WAS GOD TO THE MARINES BUT AFTER READING THIS I DONT KNOW, NEVER MET HIM OR SERVED UNDER HIM