Page 207 of 252 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

kaiser sells a housing for 3/4" and cautions about it
    here is bustd piece and it is for 1 1/4" shaft

broken.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 11-22-2019 at 10:44 AM.

I just spoke with Jason at KW. The bearing cap they have listed is for the early style band type brake. The intermediate shaft measurement is to indicate the age of the transfer case. The small 3/4" intermediate shaft indicates the earliest style model 18, which used the Band style brake (MB,GPW and early CJ2A). The larger intermediate shafts are used on the newer brake styles. That being said the bearing cap depends on the brake type used. The Band brake uses a unique cap, the Cane style cable through the dash uses a unique cap and the M38A1 uses a unique cap. If you are going to convert to a cable through the dash style, you need the cap used on the late CJ2A and up.The M38A1 cap is specific to the hand brake between the seats.

I really screwed up.... not first time not probably will be the last time either

the housing on the two types of xfer cases just do not match bolt holes, i crawled under with the broken housing and they just do not match, from looking at drawings they look so darn close, but alas i was just wrong.
    back to expensive restoration of original e brake........oh well

Don't forget about these guy's. https://midwestmilitary.com/midwestm.../m38a1p12.html Some good prices maybe.

I know its gonna hurt the budget, but I do like the fact your are restoring it back to stock. I am going to bet it turns out better in the long run. That's a nice M38A1.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 11-23-2019 at 01:23 PM.

BEGRUDGINGLY I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU, POCKETBOOK WISE UGH OH WELL going to order a new yoke and the drum for the brakes, since have to take yoke out to eliminate leak and might as well only do it once
    went with new flange wth??
    drum
    seal
    additional seal
    205.00 us dollars.. but there is a black friday sale and get 10%

i was able to get all the parts and pieces for the choke and throttle (external) and in thiis cold weather full choke starts right up idle a bit high, after a minute go to 1/2 choke and idle down
    when warmed up 170 degrees choke off and it just sits there and idles ever so sweet

https://www.facebook.com/ira.r.jones...0420726857978/

the michrophone on my camera is very very sensitive just turn it down some

too bad cant put a video here??
    Last edited by pelago; 11-24-2019 at 11:27 AM.

Looks good, sounds like a Jeep engine ehould!

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Looks good, sounds like a Jeep engine ehould!

thank you so much, got to admit am kinda proud of work done

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    BEGRUDGINGLY I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU, POCKETBOOK WISE UGH OH WELL going to order a new yoke and the drum for the brakes, since have to take yoke out to eliminate leak and might as well only do it once
    went with new flange wth??
    Why not, it will save you the time of the sleeve install. They can be a little tricky to install sometimes. I have ruined one in my time!

Sounds great!

even though is is thanksgiving (AND I WISH ALL A GREAT ONE) I will take apart the offending Xfer case output today, I had the levels checked and filled recently an as i drove it and then parked it i watched it create a puddle under jeep. Now the puddle is pretty much non existent One of two things is happening, fluid level very low, or leak stopped (dont think so). will take apart and photo it as i go.

when i pull the offending yoke out wonder how much lube will lose? correctly/incorrectly guessing very little in as much as it has passed a lot already

lost, maybe 1/2 cup, maybe a little more
    Last edited by pelago; 11-28-2019 at 02:09 PM.