Page 75 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Glad to hear from you. Keep us advised of how you are progressing, and if the is anything that you need.

Welcome back you grumpy old coot. We worried about you.

What is your call sign?

de WB9UFS

bad news. have to get home health care and they will charge me $100.00 a day for 21 days,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, can not afford that, so looks like will be going back to navy hosp at camplejeune........
    Ira Jones
    3rd floor ward
    usn regional medical center
    camp lejeune nc 20540 (?) not sure of last two numbers
    910 581 0148 and will have cell phone, am taking the willys catalog to see what numbers i need for parts for body
    shXt...... not what i want to do at all want to finish the steering and that stuff
    ANCHORS AWAEIGH to my navyt (squid ) friends
    semper fi to marines
    uha to army guys
    coasties dont knw what they use
    anyway you are a great bunch of guys and am proud to have you all as friends
    Ira R Jones Jr (Rick)

We are proud to have you as one of our own. We are all pulling for you to get well soon!

When you get out and feeling better, we may all need to gather together for a weekend of Jeep building? Just a thought.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are.

at home again, two days of intensive antibiotic 24hrs a day continuous vancomycin (sp) which is supposed to be the strongest there is, and after that, they did not want to give any more that way because if kidney issues, it can screw themn up...dont need that.................. anyway at home with health care nurse for morphene and a milder antibiotic daily for a while. so me and my IV pole worked on jeep steering (after she left) different approach with a load of morphine, it almost got a hammer.....

here is the rub, how in the hell do you get the top race bearing in the tube. i just gorped up a 9.00 bearing trying to get it in the shaft by going thru bottom and hoping it would slide inside to where it has to sit. last damn pieces shaft, inside oil seal, top race, long pin for horn (long thin rod that goes inside everything to activate switch at bottom (engineers really needed to look at that twice). that damn top race bearing full off little bearings and how in the hXll does it go together
    Last edited by pelago; 07-20-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Ira;

It's good to have you back. Things are too quiet with you in sick bay.

Don't overdo it - let the good stuff do its work. Modern versions of Vancomycin are not too hard on the kidneys and strangely enough the original less pure versions could cause hearing problems ...HUH? Current practice is to limit the dosage to keep the little critters in your system from developing their own immunity to it.

When you get your morphine, does your home health care nurse write a big M and the time on your forehead with a grease pencil like corpsmen used to do?

Good luck figuring out how to get those little bearings down the tube...

Quote Originally Posted by larrbeard View Post
    welcome back you grumpy old coot. We worried about you.

What is your call sign?

De wb9ufs
    wb6lnh got that call in long beach many years ago, was wb9vdq

does your home health care nurse write a big M and the time on your forehead with a grease pencil

AS CUTE AS SHE IS SHE COULD WRITE ANYTHING ANYWHERE

That's the spirit, don't let them get you down. You need one of those beer helmets to attach your juice bag to, so you don't have to drag around the pole. Just a thought.

Look through the videos put out by metal shaper on you tube. I'm confident he covered the assembly of the steering column on a CJ 3. The only difference would be the horn would be a wire, instead of the shaft. When I get back home, I'll see if I can find the link.

Glad to have you back!

WENT OVER THERE AND LOOKED, great video on rebuilding the box, and i used that to do just that. but damn no videos on tube. Mike said it goes in from the top, but it is bigger round than the damn shaft is has to go inupper steering race bearing.jpg steering outer shaft.jpg that and configure the horn is all i need to do, box rebuilt and peeeeeerty, while waiting i am wire brushing the air cleaner, complete and in great shape no rust no dents ready to go when it is black.. got an extra one also