Page 179 of 252 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

On generator power 28 hours now, temp ext to computer, sme trees down. no roof damage, not much damage really. mostly clean up but sure howled and shrieked at 2am

Dorian

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    On generator power 28 hours now, temp ext to computer, sme trees down. no roof damage, not much damage really. mostly clean up but sure howled and shrieked at 2am
    How did Jake do? This was his initiation.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    How did Jake do? This was his initiation.

He was not crazy about it, and stayed real real close all the time, in fact would not let me out of his sight

I'm new so hoping it is okay to share in this epic. First, thank you all who served. I did not, but I do know my life, my time, the smalls wonders of freedom, are possible because of sacrifices made by our soldiers and unknowable by me, grateful though I try to be. Thank you. Second, what an effort on Magoo!!! Finish, finish, finish! Third, I was out today and got talked at by a guy for 15 minutes who told me about a Jeep junkyard a miles away. Yep. Found it! Of course it was closed, but it made the day. I can't believe the man upstairs made a place called a Jeep junkyard. Awesome.

5JeepsAz, post pictures of the "Jeep Junkyard"! Be careful, you could be put in the retrieve and send department.

I bet it's a gold mine. Arizona Jeep Junkyard. I restored a 1977 Chevy truck from AZ. It was the finest "core" I have ever seen.

two issues that are driving me nuts
    brake adjustment, this set up has basically a push rod that is adjustable, from master lever to the master cylinder, and adjustable. however when i adjust it to the correct (close anyway, manual calls for 1/2" clearance on pedal to engage the cylinder) i have adjusted it as far in as i can get and that actually seperates the boltS??? this is not acceptable got to be able to stop this thing. do i invest 40 bucks on a new one??? going to see if i can get it out without tearing out the whole pedal assembly???
    master cylinder push rod.jpg

the second item is a oil leak from the main line output to the filter, i used a line from kaiser willys that is obviously made in china or somewhere else? it uses npt threads but adj is metric. I have already replaced under warranty the oil filter drain line. they seem to leak at the connection that swivels, and is supposed to not leak. this is a royal pain in the *** to get out.. but since it is on the journal it has at start up 40+ psi of oil pressure and when oil warms up it just leaks like hell
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/categor...-cj-3b-5-m38a1

oil line.jpg

what does one think when you pay good money for two lines and both leak, has to be common denominator manufacturer
    Last edited by pelago; 09-08-2019 at 09:45 AM.

"grateful though I try to be." thanks bro, 28 years a Marine

For a while, my back yard looked like a Heep graveyard. Four to build one tends to make piles of serviceable parts, and bigger piles of scrap.

When buying Willys parts, buy American made parts when you can. I've used the brake line kit made over seas, and had lots of fun. Had to use conical seals to get the lines to quit dripping at the joints. Willys America should have a supply of in states made parts.

Don't spend the money on a brake master adjuster rod. Figure out exactly how much you are lacking, and weld on a piece of round stock. $40 is a bit much if your adjuster will adjust, but just a bit short.

HAVE IDENTIFIED PRECISELY SOURCE OF OIL LEAK AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN DISASTROUS THINK WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED DRIVING AT 40MPH WHEN THIS PIECE OF CHINESESHIT CRAPPED OUT

BADHOSE1.jpg

BADHOSE2.jpg

in the second photo can see the sealed end that was supposed to be crimped on for a good seal..........IT FREAKIN AINT ANY KIND OF A SEAL, HOPE THE CHINESE FILLED ALL THEIR CRAPPY NAVY WITH THIS KIND OF CRAP

AGAIN COMMON DENOMINATOR PIECE OF DIPSHIT CHINESE CRAP, WILL SEE IF I CAN MAYBE GET ONE LOCALLY

MASTER BRAKE ADJUST I LIKE THIS IDEA " Figure out exactly how much you are lacking, and weld on a piece of round stock. "
    Last edited by pelago; 09-08-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Napa should be able to set you up with a quality replacement. Check out any local heavy equipment shops or dealers. They should have the fittings and hose to make you new quality pieces that will last a lifetime.