I get a kick out of all these "professional" hunters you see in magazines and the idiot box. Scent free detergent, and doe urine that. Every deer that I ever harvested was after burning down a cheap cigar or a Marlboro. No matter ground cover or a tree stand.
I know I'm biased, but Midwest deer are the best for taste, and size. Corn fed anything is better than the pine cone and acorn eaters we have here. Up state Minnesota deer are the same way. They are small and taste fairly gamey.
A quick story about experience over youth. We were a group of five on a 850 acre picked corn field, with hard woods on two sides. Three of us were in tree stands with cut shooting lanes into the woods. The last two guys were in the ground blind behind us, watching the field. We made a plan to meet at the trucks at noon, because one of the hunters was in his eighties, and a diabetic. We were sitting there having a sandwich, when the elder popped up. We all watched as he grabbed his trusty 30/30. We all went to follow, as he cocks the rifle. One guy pulls up his field glasses to see what he was seeing. Out at the far edge of the field was a buck standing at the edge of the field. The grandfather proceeds forward about 10 yards.He placed the butt of the rifle to his hip and lobbed a round down range. He immediately turned to us and said I got that S.O.B. We couldn't see the deer well, but the guy with the field glasses was watching. As we started to laugh at the guy, the spotter said that the deer just dropped over dead. The shot was every bit of 350 yards out. The man had carried the same rifle since he was a child. He knew what it could do, and how to shoot it. I was a believer from that point on.

If you have a 4 1/2" grinder, invest in some cut off wheels. They make cutting things apart so much easier. I use mine to even cut panels, or trim replacement sheet metal. Harbor freight has them on sale for $5.99 for 10. They last alright for most cutting.