when calling air support, we never knew what would show up, what kind of aircraft, and quite frankly what kind of aircraft meant little to us. what we wanted was fire and death on the target, near a place called the rockpile. I called in for air support, and what shows up was incredible two A1E skyraiders, decked out in cammy paint. they made two runs over target with napalm. then came back again with guns. Ever have a skyraider go over your head at about 150 foot with 50's hitting targer. only one problem, four fifties make for a lot of brass and it rained right down on us, i have a scar on my nose from 50 case that got me right on the nose...........

along the same lines again at the same place only a different day, had to call in for fire support, i called the co ordinance in and heard "round out" from radio, biggest damn thing i ever saw, looked up and it looked like a volkswagon going overhead and the target got nailed, nailed but good. called fire for effect, and then again looked up and there were 3 volkswagons going overhead, target erupted, then real quick 3 more and that was it. all i could say was holy **** what was that over the radio. got this deep voice back thru handset and all it said was "This is the USS New Jersey son"