Page 220 of 252 FirstFirst ... 120170210218219220221222230 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,200 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

OK, I think I got it. This setup is a little unusual.

$^&*(((*&*^&^%$#@#$$^*()&* radiator
    while trying to get the crossbar bolt that holds the bell crank together i managed to whack a already fragile radiator. Now not a leak but a drain the whole damn thing in a hour leak. Can not see but probably messed the petcock valve on bottom, what the hell pulling it tomorrow and biting the bullet whatever it takes to make it hold coolant and do its damn job,,, even to spending 500.00 on a new one
    boogers

Pelago if you can get the one I have to work out of a (52 M38) I’ll give it to ya.
    Sorry Buddy if it wasn’t for bad luck you wouldn’t have any

Oh man! Of all the things. If its just the petcock, that might be an easy fix.

I think there was prior discussion about that radiator on this thread. Isn't it unique to the M38A1? I thought gmwillys said something about it hooks to the engine so it can be R&R'd as a unit motor and all. Maybe a CJ3B radiator can be made to work if it's more than an easy fix.

Your right bmorgil, gm did say it was unique to the m38a1 after going back through the comments but like you said if it’s just the petcock it may be an easy/cheap fix!!!!
    Hopefully it is.

THIS ONE IS AVAILABLE AND PRICE IS GOOD BUT WAY TO WIDE, DIMENSIONS JUST DONT WORK AND THE WING IS REVERSED OR THE INLET AND OUTLET ON WRONG SIDE, BUT THOSE MAYBE CAN BE CORRECTED, HAVE TO CALL THEM. SENT THEM TWO OF THEIR OWN INQUIRE SYSTEMS,,, EVEN SENT PHOTO NEVER GOT A REPLY? CURIOUS
    WILL KNOW A LOT MORE WHEN THE BUGGER OUT OF MAGOO AND ON THE FLOOR??

https://www.championradiators.com/Wi...ator-1951-1953

I like these guy's Ira. Give them some time, I think they can get you going if you need a new one.

I’m with bmorgil Ira, you tell them what you need and they’ll get it or make it.
    Their CS is the Best and they go out of their way to help ya!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 01-11-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    I like these guy's Ira. Give them some time, I think they can get you going if you need a new one.
    the link had dimensions on it and i took those outside and matched to the actual radiator in the jeep. way way too wide, could i finagle it in, maybe. and everything is backwards, the entire system designed to come out as a power plant removal includes radiator when lifted out

that new radiator is 600.00 us dollars from kaiser

radiator.jpg 100_0998.jpg https://www.championradiators.com/Wi...ator-1951-1953

a the bottom of the front grill assembly there is a bolt at the bottom center that goes thru frame, mine has a bolt (the top is a ring) that came with the jeep, just took it off and got to wondering what in the hell was the ring for??
    Last edited by pelago; 01-11-2020 at 09:30 AM.

radiator.jpg

its out and i removed the shroud, got some water in it and looking for leaks PUT NEW ONE IN CATALOG AND MINE

IT IS OUT.jpg