Page 248 of 252 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

I am not sure but maybe the next county would be a safe distance to be from pelago if he had a gun rest and a cross hair on them, and depending on the firearm he decided to use the next county maybe not such a good idea either

A mad Marine and his rifle. The next county is too close.

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    I am not sure but maybe the next county would be a safe distance to be from pelago if he had a gun rest and a cross hair on them, and depending on the firearm he decided to use the next county maybe not such a good idea either
    1929Nationl match, unerty 20power 4" groups at 1000 yards
    1922 M2 22 target five shots into a quarter at 100 yards
    original 1903A4 WWII sniper won the inaugural gold medal at first national sniper match 1900 shooters

03TARGET003.JPG

1903A4 4.jpg

if you can see it you can kill it
    Last edited by pelago; 08-03-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Don't Pee Oh an old guy who can whack you from two ZIP codes away.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Don't Pee Oh an old guy who can whack you from two ZIP codes away.
    I stil have the desire to compete, but dont have the stamina to do the all day grind from 0430 til after dark

One Last Try

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    I stil have the desire to compete, but dont have the stamina to do the all day grind from 0430 til after dark
    Three of us old guys were going to make one last run at Nationals this year - we figured this would probably be the last gasp - so to speak. But -- WooHooFloo put an end to all of that.

The local club invested in electronic targets this summer and we have been able to cut an 80-round Match down to about 3 hours (with no pit pulling for shooters). That has given a couple of guys another year or so of shooting that they would not have been able to do otherwise.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like fun LarrBeard. One of my guys just opened up a gun shop for his wife to run during the week. He's on a search to find me enough parts to build me an M14, which is my platform of choice, but would love to build a 1903A4 like Ira's. I would pay to see all of you guys shoot a round!

Man it almost happened for me, Camp Perry is close to me and Larry and crew were on their way. I was wondering if Ira would be there. Then the COVID- shut down the National Event.

I will pay to watch champions shoot! If Ira and Larry shoot in it next year, we will get you up here gm!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 08-04-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Duller Than Paint Drying or Grass Growing

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Man it almost happened for me, Camp Perry is close to me and Larry and crew were on their way. I was wondering if Ira would be there. Then the COVID- shut down the National Event.

I will pay to watch champions shoot! If Ira and Larry shoot in it next year, we will get you up here gm!
    Watching a shooting match is worse than staring at grass growing or paint drying. And watching me shoot would be a comedy show.

LIFE JUST GOT BETTER
    POWER BACK ON
    Hurricane cooking, bacon and egss coming up. old fashioned kind, eggs cooked in bcon grease fat (home health care nurse would **** were she to see it) man does not live on TOFU. Bought this stove from a estte sale from old stage coach driver that drove stage from Banning Ca t Riverside Ca. this stove not made since the twenties. real old timer that has "machined tank" still works fine and uses gasoline. also bought a unfired Colt 38/40 single action Army new in box for a grand... 1970 dollars, been offered 25k for it all original Colt, still in box one in center just above Colt with gold trigger

colts 002.jpg

CAINE COOKING.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 08-05-2020 at 11:43 AM.