Page 192 of 252 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Not as bad as it sounds. Your plugs may fit better than mine. It may go together for you like the book. I used a gasket set from KW. I did not use the head gasket. Beware of any head gasket that does not say "Made in USA". There are reports of some bad stuff out there. I ordered the oil pan, valve cover and head gasket from Fel-Pro. Very high quality.

Absolutely, use the American made valve cover gasket and head gasket. Fel-pro is my choice for any engine build or reseal. The new Fel-Pro valve cover(s) gaskets can be reused when adjusting the valves, but may need a bit of shellac to ensure a good seal on the exhaust on the second round of adjustments down the road.

"THERE IS NO FOOL LIKE A OLD FOOL' WELL, I am the old fool, all this time i have been going in the wrong damn direction on the motor in my m38a1, just would not get up to speed..... NO FREAKIN WONDER IT WAS ONLY RUNNING ON TWO CYL.... When i had posted the little video of the motor running someone here thankfully thought that it was not running on all four, damn if he wasn't right. After he said that I went out and looked, disconnected each plut while running and found 1 and 2 just not firing, said what the hell??? these are brand new plugs, in fact i took the plug out and grounded it and ZERO FREAKIN SPARK. got two of the old plugs out of the box (original) and fired it up.... Damn Damn, double damn all four fired, took it out for a ride and Holy ShXt Batman it got up to 55 with no issues, had more but did nto push it.

who would have known four new plugs and two did not fire. Dumb is dumb and i am dumb, forgot who felt not running on four but thank you....

Wow, two bad plugs. I had one happen on an 8 cylinder long ago. I never used that brand again. But two in a row? Wow that is pretty bad. Well that saved you a bunch of time and money!

It wouldn't hurt so bad if it weren't for the fact that the A1 uses the waterproof plugs.

here are the culprits
    bad plugs.jpg

Where did you get them?

Looks like time for a return!

"and it is sure too bad that the motor i have in magoo now just has no guts....... sure runs sweet idles great, my son says it sounds like a singer sewing machine but just wont go"

Well you got your wish anyway! All good in the end. Definitely check the next ones they send you. LarrBeard is right, send em' back for sure. I do hope they take them back.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    "and it is sure too bad that the motor i have in magoo now just has no guts....... sure runs sweet idles great, my son says it sounds like a singer sewing machine but just wont go"

Well you got your wish anyway! All good in the end. Definitely check the next ones they send you. LarrBeard is right, send em' back for sure. I do hope they take them back.
    as much money as i have spent they should

Refund/Replace

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    as much money as i have spent they should
    I
    Most of the Jeep places are really good about making things right. It's just sheister motor rebuilders that say TANGO SIERRA buddy.