Page 244 of 252 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

I only ordered the line to the filter from the block by the water pump. Did your return line from the filter to the timing cover also leak? Maybe I should replace it also. Walks advertises they have "Made in USA" lines. I can't find a local craftsman to fabricate one.

gmwillys should know about the top.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-20-2020 at 07:35 AM.

The bows can be assembled and attach them to the A1. The top will attach to the windshield, then drapes over the mid and rear bows. Then the top straps in to the rear body tail panel. There may be some buckles that go around the bows for ease in folding up.

returned both of them, chinese crap

Yes, there is a lot of that. Might be cheaper, but if it doesn't work or doesn't hold up it isn't worth anything. I'm thinking that is my issue with the gauge cluster. Wish I had just bought a speedometer and bought some good quality gauges. I hate cheap gauges.

TOP BOW ASSEMBLY???
    THINK I AM MISSING SOMETHING. Can not find a good diagram of where the top bo assembly attaches to the body, the piece that i have in the jeep now has no welded nut, nor even a hole for the thumb screw to go in?. Actully have no idea how the bow will fit in there, end of bow is flat and has hole in it for screw, but then???

bow diagram.jpg

where the bow meets the body at the slanted fitting??

Bow to body

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    TOP BOW ASSEMBLY???
    THINK I AM MISSING SOMETHING. Can not find a good diagram of where the top bo assembly attaches to the body, the piece that i have in the jeep now has no welded nut, nor even a hole for the thumb screw to go in?.

The attached picture shows the bow to body attachment a bit better that the picture you posted.

It looks like there is a bracket attached to the body with three (?) bolts. The flattened end of the bow slips into a pocket on that bracket and some sort of thumb screw locks the bow in place. If the attached thumbnail looses too much detail, I can send you a link to the original picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mr. Google can find 'most anything if you poke around enough and go to enough dead ends.

Look at the third and fourth pictures down in this post. Very good views of how the bow fits into the bracket. The big thumbscrew goes in from inside the tub!

https://wilfreeman.wordpress.com/201...ay-for-a-ride/

Here are some miscellaneous views of bow attaching hardware.

https://store.midwestmilitary.com/product-p/mwm154.htm

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/top-bow...ts-52-66-m38a1

https://picclick.com/Jeep-Military-W...303608688.html

The holes to attach the bracket and the hole for the thumbscrews might have gotten patched up at some time or another. Nothing here a drill and some touch-up paint won’t fix.

bow is on mGOO. Swapped out the old fittings and put new ones in, spent 20.00 but they are correct and bow is on waiting for top.
    Sure like to meet a old MSgt Motor T guy that could tell me how to eliminate the rattle for this wierd *** E brake. followed ll suggestions including increasing the tension on the op rod spring, reduced it some, but on highway over 35 rattles like hell. off road, in woods, not a problem, but on asphalt or concrete a pain in rear, what a crazy design for E brake, almost wish i used the other instead, all enclosed, could ave retrofitted a handle

JAKE, in his favorite spot and favorite position. asleep on couch next to me. All 70lbs of him70LBS.jpg

Damn pelago what are you feeding that boy he’s getting big fast
    Aren’t they the best? Love my fur babies!!!