" The rear main, tappet cover, and the front and rear pan to block interface are just a few spots that seem to be notorious on the motor. On the trans and transfer case, there are many bolts that are tapped all the way through to the lube." YUPPER.. and my way of thinking is few drops here and there screw it, i turn on ignition switch, she starts, after a bit relax the choke, Magoo, is ready to rock and roll.............
Got this to say, Proud of the work, sure, got to say yes am proud. but more important is i am happy, happy with a piece of history that i in fact lived thru. Something that i in fact drove in combat. Neat. And I love the damn thing. All my life i awlays tried to do the best i could (well, we wont include high school times though) when i got to real world one had to be proud of their work, to know that quality control never found a issue with workmanship. So if anyone has one of these critters get off your dead *** and do it.
Another thing, this may sound silly, but I am 75 years old and this past nearly four years has been important, the jeep gave me purpose, gave me something that was right at home, waiting for the next bolt to be turned. soon will have e brake in and rear seat, canvas coming. might be prudent to search for Project 2.0 what you all think???