Page 194 of 252 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Pelago,
    Did you figure out if you need this radiator I have, I have it on Willys for Sale and somebody is calling me about it.
    If you want it I will give it to you and you just pay to ship it to N.C., maybe $30-$35.00 let me know.
    If you have a good radiator shop in town they may be able to make the changes you need to make it fit your M38A1 without to much trouble.
    Like I said it has been completely gone through and tested, I sent it over to get checked out before I got the CRAZY idea of getting an aluminum radiator.

IMG_0526.jpgIMG_0527.jpgIMG_0528.jpgIMG_0529.jpgIMG_0530.jpg
    Last edited by TJones; 10-16-2019 at 02:27 PM.

CARB??
    My rebuilt seems to weep along top gasket, and always afraid of fire, the pot metal that it is made of seems resistant to tighten over tighten and there go the threads. that is the case for the one i have and wonder if it is a waste of time to attempt to get repair for the threads (insert kit) to rebuild threads for i believe 10/24 threads???

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Pelago,
    Did you figure out if you need this radiator I have, I have it on Willys for Sale and somebody is calling me about it.
    If you want it I will give it to you and you just pay to ship it to N.C., maybe $30-$35.00 let me know.
    If you have a good radiator shop in town they may be able to make the changes you need to make it fit your M38A1 without to much trouble.
    Like I said it has been completely gone through and tested, I sent it over to get checked out before I got the CRAZY idea of getting an aluminum radiator.

IMG_0526.jpgIMG_0527.jpgIMG_0528.jpgIMG_0529.jpgIMG_0530.jpg
    think it would be difficult the input line for mine is on bottome left

Emergency brake,
    to get all the parts is kinda pricey
    however i have all the pieces and parts from a m38, can all this be put on the m38a1, looks like only one piece has to be swapped from transfer case to the m38a1

Emergency-Brake-M38A1-I_2.jpgUNIVERSAL E BRKE.jpg

Man it looks like some of the same stuff however, the M38 uses a smaller width drum and shoe than the M38A1. There are some other differences in the hardware. The M38 uses the same stuff as all the civilian Jeeps using the internal mechanical brake. The M38A1 uses a similar but bigger in general, setup.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    man it looks like some of the same stuff however, the m38 uses a smaller width drum and shoe than the m38a1. There are some other differences in the hardware. The m38 uses the same stuff as all the civilian jeeps using the internal mechanical brake. The m38a1 uses a similar but bigger in general, setup.

i have all the pieces and parts for the civilian brake,,, seems all i have to do is mount one piece from the parts to the m38a1. Cost of the new parts to create a e brake is close to 500.00

The smaller brake should bolt right up to the transfer case. The only difference might be in the way the lever to set it hooks up. It would be hard to tell it from the M38A1 brake.

Was refering to the that does not use the handle but the one uses cable all i see is one piece that has to transfer to the transfer case and that is item 1 I got all the pieces and parts, hell of a lot better than another 500

UNIVERSAL E BRKE.jpg

On the cable style M38 Item 1 goes over a pivot stud on the bottom of the transfer case. The stud points straight down. Item 1 pivots forward and back parallel to the frame.

Are you going to be able to hook up your M38A1 hand brake lever rod to the M38 cable style brake? The cable on the M38 pulls the lever (Item 1) from the bottom of the transfer case towards the front of the Jeep. On the M38A1 isn't the lever between the seats and hooked with a rod down to the transfer case? I thought the lever pulls a rod almost straight up from the transfer case.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-19-2019 at 07:46 PM.

The civilian/M38 has the cane handle mounted in the dash. This mechanism pulls the brake actuator at the park brake forward to set the brake. The M38A1 utilizes the actuator handle between the seats. This works by pulling the mechanism upward to set the brake. Both styles could be installed on either Jeeps, but the way the 38 is set up, you can not use your handle between the seats to operate. I would check with 1/4 ton and military.com, but call them directly to ask if they have any salvaged parts to save some dough.