Page 108 of 252 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

I was at a show once, and a guy had his A1 set up as a radio Jeep. He had an MP3 player hooked into the original speaker, and had vintage radio traffic running through the speakers on a loop. Air strike communication etc. It added a layer of realism to his display. The player would run all day long without needing a charge, or outside power source.

anyone got a diagram of the battery box ??? got two pieces and i forgot how they went in

I'm away from my computer today, so I can not pull up a diagram. What do the two pieces in question look like? There is a trick to getting the battery trays, but I do not recall what it took to get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    anyone got a diagram of the battery box ??? got two pieces and i forgot how they went in
    trays are good it is these two things

battery bracket.jpg

edit... i forgot another were there two mud shields in rear wheel well one on each side? damifididnotforget
    Last edited by pelago; 12-09-2018 at 06:20 PM.

The pieces mount to the dash side of the battery box. The L goes down, and mounts to the dash panel. Here is a picture showing the bracket installed in the back ground.

As far as a mud guard, each side has the plate that the tail light mounts to. Is this the panel in question?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-10-2018 at 07:20 AM.

I KNEW THAT, yeah right i stared at those two and stared and said to myself where in the hell do these go, and late last night i said dashboard they hold it up and support it

"
    As far as a mud guard, each side has the plate that the tail light mounts to. Is this the panel in question?" yeah
    Last edited by pelago; 12-10-2018 at 09:31 AM.

I had to ask about the mud guards. On CJs, they added a piece to the right rear inside quarter panel to stiffen the panel for a spare tire mount. The civvies mounted the tire to the right rear instead of the rear panel because of the tailgate. The mounts on the one I had were botched up, and a pain to straighten.

it is two panels about 14"X14" inside the fender well covers the inside of the lights

I found what you are talking about. There is one large panel that matches what you are referring to. It fits on the driver's side only. It is in fact a mud guard, and it keeps trash from getting into the trailer receptacle, and protects the antenna harness if equipped. The passenger side does not have one.

The second photo lets you have an idea of the size of the passenger side without the panel. The first shows what's left of one on a donor hull.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-10-2018 at 01:59 PM.

learned something new, i was conversing with people at armyjeep parts and sent them some pictures and he told me that the actual ser# 7249 jeep made, and to disregard the 10 infront of it, but wont tell that to the dmv people dont want to confuse their young minds