Page 247 of 252 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Got my hurricane gen set out to warm it up, check it out, and the damn thing quit. No output on the enerator, motor runs fine justno juice.............lovely......

Gotta be a loose connection, right? Hit it with a coke bottle..

If the coke bottle worked, it was probably a loose connection! It isn't something easy like an onboard breaker gone bad is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    If the coke bottle worked, it was probably a loose connection! It isn't something easy like an onboard breaker gone bad is it?
    breakers do not want to react? and there was some sparks from gen side when i strted her up, me thinks it has to go in to a repair place. oh joy...
    but i have a small 3kw gen set that fired up and produces, i kept these things in garage under cover each one has a dust cover and they both look brand new?? big one i dunno..... just fires up but no juice.
    However broke out some camping gear and have my good stainless old fashioned coffe percolator and a (get this) a 1930 coleman camp stove where the tank is actualy spun brass!! works on reg gasoline got this and a frying pan, two dozen eggs and bacon and plenty of coffee. and plenty of puppy chow. the little 3k will run fridge and tv and a fan, at night move ext cord to bedroom and move fan

What more could you ask for! To heck with the fussy generator, you only need so many things.

Don't forget the intruder repellant. Your 1903 will work well for warding off any crowd.

Check the brushes. I had a Lincoln welder that did that once. They can get a little dirt or other debris in there. Maybe a bug.

every damn "Torro dealer does not work on the generator side" damn... found a guy in jville that thinks its a capacitor??? maybe anyway thurs morning it goes to him. If they are a authorized dealer/repair place then they darn well should do what they say they are supposed to do, fix em when busted............

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Don't forget the intruder repellant. Your 1903 will work well for warding off any crowd.
    last storm we had i heard my generator "going down drive, running" some yahoo was in process of stealing it. can you believe it. county sherriffe said tht these guys hit a whole bunch of people in my end of county

Little did that guy know he needed to get a LONG way away from you!