Page 183 of 252 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Ira:

Wow. I am as close to speechless as I have been in a long time. I am sure that all of the guys who have watched this Jeep come back to life are as thrilled as I am.

There is no way I can express how tickled I am to hear your story about how the young Marines reacted to the Jeep. They appreciate not just the vehicle, but the guy who made it happen.

Seriously, get used to being acknowledged as you drive around town.. WHOOPS, HOLLERS, HONKS, WAVES, HIGH FIVES, THUMBS UP, these are your rewards for all the work you put into Magoo. It is more than just an OD vehicle, it stands for ideas and principals that a lot of people don't understand - but those people whooping, hollering, honking and waving understand and they are acknowledging both of you - and ideas that are often forgotten today.

Congratulations, and thank you for letting us be a part of this with you!

From a Sailor - SEMPER FI!

Now, just finish it off ...

"Now, just finish it off ... "
    WILL DO, Passenger seat, canvas for seat, speedometer cable , and spare tire mount..
    plan for 2020 will be full canvas got a incredible quote for canvas top, sides and doors with all bows and mounting hardware for 1400.00 and add a back seat at same time
    THEN TO FIND A RADIO OF THE RIGHT VINTAGE.....................AND MX6707 AND MOUNT

ALSO PUT A VIDEO ON FB and got called by a movie company in Wilmington to use magoo in movies... got to think about that, liability, damages and such, but they made first offer of 500.00 a day. but got to think about this

Vintage Radio

[QUOTE=pelago;9178]

THEN TO FIND A RADIO OF THE RIGHT VINTAGE.....................AND MX6707 AND MOUNT

What radio are you thinking - VRC-12?

As for being a movie star; $500/day plus your actual cost for property damage and personal liability insurance - and you get to approve what they want to do with it - no Dukes of Hazzard stunts or driving through land mine or mortar explosions.

I would have to think about that offer as well. Too many fine print gotchas. Magoo is suitable for the big screen though. Great Job Sir!

Not a single body shop even wanted to look at the repair i want to have done, this repair beyond my limited skills, one woman said this jeep not in computer, i said the computer does not fix it it takes two hands and skill, guess you dont have any of that left here. went to five places all the same, they cant do it

cowl repair.jpg

It's not that hard. Use the nylon abrasive brushes that they sell at the horrible freight for 3.99 on sale. Put it in your electric drill, and get it down to the bare metal. If the ridges are weld, blend it in the best you can to the base metal without digging in the the base. If you do not have the glove box in, you can take either a body hammer with a slight crown to it and a dolly on the outside to bring the shape out better. Shoot a light coat of primer or other dark color paint over the metal. Take a foam block sand paper to run over the area to see where you are high and low. Flatten out the high spots on the outside, then pop the low spots from the inside. When you are satisfied that you have got it as good as you can, then skim coat the section with body filler. Use the same foam block to sand the filler, because the foam keeps your strokes even and consistent.

If this is not in your wheel house, then check around to an honest to goodness hot rod shop. They should be able to set you up, because most don't even have a computer, except to buy vintage items to build another car.

If all else fails, I will come on over and knock it out in a days time, over drinks.... And bring the shovel I have been promising.

I actually found a "restoration" shop that deals in hot rods and rebuilds and they are in fact restoring a rusty (used to be anyway) 1964 mustang and they looked at it and had a discussion, and said, some bent and tortured metal there, (I said yeah to that) and in the past (can not see in photo) some phillips head screws?? and lots of bondo. I told him that i wold provide a new base for the mirror and it will have four holes tapped and ready to go. all that would have to be done is to weld it on. But that i wanted metal to be rebuilt and re attached to the entire damaged area of original, He said I can do this $300.00 us dollars, think am gonna jump on this.

ALSO MY SON made a video last time we were joy riding and with my hearing issues did not hear this, but the mike picked it up a damn exh leak right at the same place at the hook up at the header to tail, ordered another gasket
    Last edited by pelago; 09-17-2019 at 07:22 AM.

I would most definitely "Jump on that". Great price, and a pro will knock it out just right. All the sweat off your back.

I would agree to the $300. Good metal will limit the amount of fatigue cracking by the wind pushing against the mirror. You'll be better off in the long run. With my work schedule, it is hard to put together more than one day off in a row, so I would go with the trusted shop. They'll do you right!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 09-17-2019 at 08:25 AM.