Page 115 of 252 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

new one here, go the data plate set offered by Kaiser but seem to be missing one and in photo can see the four screw holes, but what went in there??

data plate.jpg

found out it is for the winch, and yes i layed em on there upside down, but wth just playing with them a bit, data plate lower right corner is the place it has to be.

now for something else.

got to get creative again and make a new plate for the steering wheel shaft, got the boot for it and it is a complete circle and when i lay it in there can see how i need to make the other half of the circle

floor1.jpg

Use the boot to get the general shape. The removable floor plate will curve around the top of the column, then bolt to the floor.

got this from kaiser
    688966_d.jpg

and i got the rubber boot also and neither one fits (well they sorta fit) going to have to drill holes in floor to get the top mounted and the rubber boot too wide for the top, got to finagle that also

oh well into life a little rain falls
    am waiting on the passenger side braces and the rear deck floor to try my plan on lifting body and sliding frame under

on a different note, while moving the other engine to get it out of the way i managed to fall and bust my axx (again) i actually think i might have either cracked or broke a rib, or two, when i hit the concrete there seemed to be a piece of 4X4 layingon concrete and yeah landed on it with left rib

rib2.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 12-30-2018 at 12:52 PM.

Bruised and Cracked?

" ... i actually think i might have either cracked or broke a rib, or two ... "

Take part of a morning and go over to sick bay and get them looked at. Bruised hurt and will get better (ice and ibuprofen), but cracked ribs grate around and can work their way into a lung if you fall on them again. We don't want to start '19 in the hospital.

I agree with Chief. Better to be have your ribs checked out.
    I misunderstood to what was being shown in the photo. I was talking about the boot for the steering column.
    As far as the shift boot, the transmission cover you received is correct. There is a different boot than a CJ uses. The boot for an A1 is slid over the shifter cane, then the cover is installed over the boot. In some diagrams to include the TM, show a clamp at the shifter, and one at the transmission tower.

To be honest, i am not at the point where i will be putting these on for good anyway. am getting "antzy" to be able to drive this thing..... waiting on floor brace and rear deck bottom section. looking for a old truck wheel mud flap to cut out shims. kaiser has them but rubber is rubber and if i can make them i can save over 100.00 and that i will need for seats and such. I GOT A WELDER, I GOT A WELDER, I GOT A WELDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually a neighbor that lives across the creek from me, same age as i am, and also a vietnam vet, and is genuinely interested in this project. I actually ran a ad in paper saying what i was doing and what i needed and got several calls and he has a welder and a generator for 220 volts!!

I THINK THAT WHEN I AM DONE I AM CALLING THIS CRITTER 'bruised, beat up, bloody thing" got cuts all over both hands, busted knuckles, cut the hell out of my hand, now what i am pretty sure are busted ribs.............. all done working on this ANY NEW GUYS READING THIS AND PLANNING ON STARTING A PROJECT, HELL YEAH DO IT BUT BE PREPARED FOR BLOOD AND SOME PAIN (OTHER THAT YOUR WALLET)

AND I JUST NOTICED THIS, "Views: 133,243" DAMN!!

Good deal on the welder. I like my Miller 175 110 volt. It has worked well the last 20 years, welding up darned near anything. The old Lincoln buzz box barely gets uncovered.

Bloodletting is just part of the fun. Rust and sheet metal work will get you, but wounds heal. You need to get your ribs taped up before you gouge a lung.
    Congrats on the 133,243 views! Good content brings lots of viewers.

DEBATED GOING TO ER, NORMALLY this would mean sitting in a empty room on a uncomfortable gurney for 6-7 hours, been there and done that too many times, but i called my nurse contact and told her what i did and i have a double appt fri at noon, hope i can hold out til then, damn thing just not getting any better at all, and can only work one handed, can not lift anything with left arm, just hurts too damn much. probably cracked them or tore carte ledge. just not getting any better and been almost ten days now. but am trying to remain quiet, and i go out and stare at the jeep, but just can not do a freaking thing on it, except make lists... got one dicey area that will be beyond any skills i dont have, which are many and might have to be a body shop thing.

four photos, two of cowl showing damaged area where mirror mounts and two photos of the other body, (one i am using for pieces and parts) showing same area, feel that i could cut out the damaged section all the way to the riser for the front windshield (someone had tried to make a weld there and the welds are separated anyway) feel i could carefully cut this out but not to the firewall welds nor the seam where cowl meets fender, but around the mirror section and replace it with the good one??? comments, good idea, bad idea, horrible idea bad ju ju???

repair2.jpgrepair1.jpgrepair5.jpgrepair6.jpg

I had a couple of cracks that went through the mirror mount, but they welded up fine. The windshield riser will take a little of persuasion. Cut out the old slobber weld, and start clamping the two pieces together slowly. You could cut out the donor piece and weld it in, but keeping everything squared will be a trick, even if just going to the riser.
    Got to Love tri-care. Our military men and women can fight for us, but they have to wait to be served by us. The V.A. makes you an appointment a month out for something the rest of us can be seen about the same day. Rediculous. In my opinion, I would bite the bullet and spend the time to go to the E.R. There is no sense waiting until Friday, and being miserable till then., Or at least they can tape you up until then.