Page 180 of 252 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

http://www.amc4x4.com/home.html

Happy to help out. Mine drove beautifully tonight. Except the part where it cut out for no reason in lane two of a boulevard. I pulled into one of those adjacent ways, hit second (clunky on a column), popped the clutch and off she went like nothing.

[QUOTE=pelago;9097]HAVE IDENTIFIED PRECISELY SOURCE OF OIL LEAK AND IT COULD HAVE BEEN DISASTROUS....

Chasing an oil drip on mine. I thought it was the timing cover. Turns out to be the same problem as yours. Different part number on the hose for my 3A than yours. Same problem however. Leaking no matter what I do to it. It runs down the cover and travels all over. A real pain in the A@#.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 09-09-2019 at 03:27 PM.

yupper " A real pain in the A@#. " going to try (key word is try) to see if i can get one locally am thru with chineseshit...............
    one thing i miss about living in a large city, Like where i grew up Chicago.. and that is finding a real machine shop or fabricator?? there were three of them listed on the internet, called all three, one said number not valid check your number?? the other two said "they dont do stuff like that" my question to them was "i need to extend a piece for my jeep and basically it is a 3/8" diameter push rod that i need to make a inch longer, this is nothing more than a round piece of steel about 3/8 in diameter......................Oh we dont do stuff like that, i asked do you weld? they said NO, what in the hell kind of machine shop is this

"what in the hell kind of machine shop is this "

Oh man... where have all the "Craftsman" gone? Makes me wish I would have paid a lot more attention to my Dad when he was teaching me how to run a Lathe. Or my buddies Dad who was teaching us how to weld. Or my Neighbor who was teaching me how to make brick mortar. Or my first good boss that was teaching me how to make money.

Well, we have each other! Make a rough sketch on a napkin. There are a few guys who will fab what ever you need out on the WWW. I bought my jeep from a guy who has his own shop in his garage, equipped with a 5 axis CNC. He will make almost anything. These guy's are around on the WWW, you just have to find them.

Cut the head of a shanked 3/8" bolt the length you need, and weld it on the end of your existing rod. Don't you still have the MIG welder that you used to do the body work? Put the two halves in the vise with some copper on the jaws, and tack away. Turn the heat up to ensure you have good penetration, and turn the wire speed down a touch, and you'll do fine. The vise will help hold everything straight.

one issue solved, the hose from journal to filter
    Went to many places many and wound up about 15miles east of here to a hose specialty shop, and this man inspected what i have and lo and behold the weak end that failed was not even crimped..... he tried to crimp it and it still pulled out, so he made a new one tough as nails 20 bucks

That will do just fine. $20 is a small price to pay for a good oil line.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    That will do just fine. $20 is a small price to pay for a good oil line.
    agreed, and no oil pouring out and seizing engine up... hate to think of it coming all the way apart while driving, now to dig into the darned master cylinder push rod, got to remove it ugh and figure it all out

anyone got some dimensions for the push rod for master cylinder m38a1, mine from center of eye to end is 7"

The same push rod fits about everything in CJ or M Jeep trim. The same one fits 48-66 CJ-2A, 3A, 3B, 5, 6, M38, M38A1. If anyone has any push rod out of any Jeep CJ or M model it should be the same length.