Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
oh my... I had no idea! If you like the smell of h4895 then you need to be around when i light off my .338 lapua! 92 grains of h1000 under a 270 grn hornady xld. Big smoke and bang. It will ring a 24 inch gong 2 miles away! (i have seen it, i have not done it, yet)

wow are we off track. You guys are shooters! Some serious credentials there guy's! I have no doubt seen you both at camp perry. It is a small world.

I only shot the garand shoot a couple of times in the early 1970's. If i remember correctly, they had just started the program. I did qualify. I weighed about 130 pounds soaking wet. That big 30 ought six kicked me like a mule. So glad it was an automatic. I was lucky enough to have a friend whose dad was a bench rest-er. He made his own rifles. Big heavy 30-06 springfield actions and mauser m98's. He bought the m1 through the cmp program and entered me in the civilian shoot! I think he thought i had natural talent. Now i am sure i looked hilarious and he wanted a good laugh.

And pelago now i know who you are! I always look forward to my rifleman mag reporting on the shoots. I know i had to read your name in 2008. I am going to my back issues now. 91 and 1 standing with an m1 garand! Are you kidding me!!! I can think of very few young men who can hold a loaded m1 at shoulder long enough to do that.
do you remember in 2015 when the shooter got medeviaced off of vialle??? Some old guy had a piece of shrapnel come out and take a artery with it?? Yeah that was my dumb *** getting loaded into the chopper