Page 118 of 252 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Kaiser-Willy’s has them pelago
    Attachment 3601
    darn, how did i miss that, thanks

AND isnt this kind of pricey or am i going thru sticker shock 500.00 big ones
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/steel-f...ts-52-66-m38a1
    Last edited by pelago; 01-05-2019 at 11:26 AM.

I have a plastic one I bought and I’m thinking it will fit yours, it’s brand new and I’ll make a heck of a good deal on it.

Maybe gm or larrbeard could answer the question if it will fit your project
    I do know it’s not the large opening for fuel and the fuel line comes out of the top of the tank instead of the bottom like the steel one you showed.

although i want to get it original just about had a stroke when i saw the price and still go to get pick up and gauge info,,,PRICEY!!!!!!!!

Substitute gas tank

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Maybe gm or larrbeard could answer the question if it will fit your project
    I'm not much of an authority on the "little Jeeps", but from looking at some other places, the CJ tanks just won't fit the M38A1 - different beasts.

Ira; is there enough of the old tank/tanks left to make fixing them worth a try?

" old tank/tanks left" not even a pile of rust, no tanks at all,,, figure with all the accessory crapola will cost about 800.00

progress.. got the body under work so to speak sitting on the spare frame, all three bolts under driver and passenger side in and finger tight with a temp spacer, had to trim the brace some, figured i would. and got two more bolts in where the rear of the front secion meets the frame five total all finger tight, and i can move it on the little dolly attached to frame, actually move it easy.. that is all for today hot bath and actually soak for a while, damn ribs

temp.jpg

The M38A1 fuel tank is unique as LarrBeard said. The sump and the grenade drop fill make it hard to replace. I thought I had a good spare, but a couple of years back I had a friend with a hot tank. After a day of soaking, we pulled it out, and the bottom was roached. Without sectioning the whole bottom, and a couple inches above the seams, it wasn't worth the effort. You are right, they are proud of the reproduction. Use a boat tank for the time being when you get to the point to run with the body, until the correct tank comes along. I'll keep my eye open for a good one, at a decent price.

The body looks good on the frame. Good work!
    Last edited by gmwillys; 01-05-2019 at 08:33 PM.

taking it so so very slow,,,, got all the bolts in at the new bracket under passenger seat, had to trim the ends off the thing, thought that i would anyway, but will have a tight fit and weld it up to join with the new one. go the solo bolt under driver side, and the two ones on the bakside of cross over were right there perfect match. thats all i did and will pick up on it manana