Page 123 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Note to self. Don't piss off Pelagro.
    Even better than goggles, a good face shield. Tight spaces, not much help there, but if you keep the surface horizontal when you can, that keeps the crud from your eyes. Flapper disks keep down the dust somewhat, being that there isn't a hard stone doing the work.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 01-24-2019 at 06:14 PM.

welding all done, (i think) now clean sand paint bottom and undercoat it

Good deal! You are one step closer to parade duty.

I cleaned, primed, and stained the shovel for you this morning. I didn't have any USMC olive to complete. I'll drop some photos in the A.M.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 01-28-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Good deal! You are one step closer to parade duty.

I cleaned, primed, and stained the shovel for you this morning. I didn't have any USMC olive to complete. I'll drop some photos in the A.M.
    KOOL, KOOL, I GOT A AXE. Borrowed from usmc many many years ago and two gas cans many many years ago, had been using them for waste oil but will clean one up and paint it purty............. this is way cool. Just came back from hardware store and got a swivel shackle to lift the body up

NC DMV TITLE
    First of all had to get two independent dealers to appraise vehicle, did that, not going to say how i did that but i pulled in some favors. Then have to get a indemnity/surety bond using the average of the two appraislas (10K) then the insurance company issues bond.
    take the bond to dmv title inspectors and have them come and inspect vehicle, (all they are looking for in reality is the original Willy data plate with serial number (got that covered it is on the vehicle with original rivets
    they authorize a title to be issued and the first step is a non operable title (i think in reality this is a way for the county to levy a tax on what i have)
    a title magically appears in the us mail.
    to obtain plates change the title to operable then get tags

They don't make it easy on the honest folks.
    Alabama, it's fairly simple. The M151A2 that I had here for a while installing the floor in had no title or paperwork to speak of. The data plates were all gone, and no visible stampings. The owner drove it up to the DMV, they registered it as a homebuilt, made prior to '75, assigned it a VIN, and handed him a tag. Abalama doesn't title anything older that 1975, so a bill of sale is all that it takes. I don't even think that the bill has to be notorized.

bottom line is this is the way the county finds out what you have so they can tax you

This whole state is a** backwards. Folks drive around with dealer paper tags until they darn near fall off. I have to haul my 2A down to the county seat, then wait around for one of the ladies can come out and verify the serial number matches my paperwork. I've been riding around with the expired Illinois tag, and nobody seems to care. The insurance is current, so it isn't likely that they would issue a ticket. Like everyone else, I'm on my way to get the tag....
    The taxes are dirt cheap, unless you have a brand new vehicle.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 01-30-2019 at 06:03 PM.

I've got a better one yet, I have to file a "Highway Heavy Use Tax" form every year with the federal boys telling them how many trucks we have that are over 55,000 lbs and we pay the tax based on there weight and send a check with the form. When they receive the form they put a red stamp on it and send it back and we take it down and give it to the local BMV to get all plates for my trucks and trailers. Well this year we sent the check,they cashed it and the Government shuts down. So i go and get our plates at the end of December and the lady at the BMV asked where my HHUT form is at and I tell her that we never received it but here is the cancelled check that its been paid and she refused to give me the plates for the 2 big Tandem Dumps that we work almost every day. So I ask her what we should do and she said call your Congressman and B&*%$h about not being able to work your trucks and make a living, As of yesterday we still havent received the stamped form, so needless to say the trucks have been on the road with expired plates.
    As GM said not the whole state but the whole country is A** Backwards...........
    Last edited by TJones; 01-31-2019 at 06:31 AM.

TJones is right! After reading about Pelago's dealings with the VA, your dealings with the feds for your taxes, and our dealing with the military. The whole country is indeed A** backwards.