Page 127 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

It seems to you that this is a never ending process. Every time you turn around, you'll find something that doesn't fit your liking, but you are getting there. Each step gets you closer to being parade ready.

Getting Closer - ---

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    GETTING CLOSER
    When is the last time you started it? Don't let the other part of the project think it doesn't have work to do.

ALL THE STUFF THAT NEEDED WELDED IS DONE (AT LEAST I BELIEVE SO), FLOORS, TOOL BOXES, BRACES, BRACKETS, TAIL SECTION.
    Body on its side and starting to tape it to shoot the undercoat, where there is exposed threads for bolts putting a bolt in to keep threads clear, but taping undercarriage off now

Looks Great Pelago, you are making a lot of head way in the last couple weeks and its coming together pretty Sweet.
    You are going to have, according to Dave Kindig a "Bitchin Ride" when you have her all finished up for the Memorial Day parade...............
    Last edited by TJones; 02-13-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Even though you were apprehensive about tackling the metal work, you have got it licked. You didn't even need more than advice from us. I for one am very proud of your progress in such a short time! Now I need to get off my Duff and get that shovel heading your way, so it can be painted when the body is.

gonna need a big ironing board, lotsa wrinkles, but it is what it is, give it more character, but it will at least have all the fenders and look (great from distance), but who is to say, can always take selected areas to a real body shop and say "MAKE IT LOOK PRETTY"

Get the wrinkles warm, then quench with a ice water soaked rag. That should shrink some of the waves. Depending on the depth of the valley and peak, will determine the amount of heat needed. Usually a good heat gun can get your panel fairly flat. If it is really distorted, then you may want to look at a shrinking disk, like Tjones wrote about. It will be alright to put a skin coat of body filler to level everything out perfectly smooth.

undercoat.jpg

UNDERCOAT TOMORROW, same stuff used to coat truck beds..... black

Undercoat

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    undercoat.jpg

UNDERCOAT TOMORROW, same stuff used to coat truck beds..... black
    I used the "rhino" style bed liner under the '48 truck and has held up very well for three summers. I haven't raced down fresh gravel roads, but it has handled casual rocks and trash well.

RAINING OUT!!!, Damn, wont take long to shoot this thing with the gun that i have, but am uncomfortable in doing it with active rain, got heater going in garage to keep metal warm and to avoid condensation, but just waiting...