Page 128 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Rain is in the forecast here till next Saturday. Monday through Thursday we are projected to get 8" to 12". All this is heading your way. If you can get it done today or tomorrow, you should be golden. Keep it warm for the first 12 hours after shooting.

SHOT.jpg

RAIN CEASED, RADAR SAID IT WAS GONE, BUT CLOUDY, ROOM TEMP 75DEGREES HUNMIDITY 50% SHOT IT, Sid have horrible trouble with first bottle and think that it sat on shelf too long, even with thiner all it did was come out in gobs, said damn this aint working, next bottle thinned it with some acetone and shook the piss out of it and then hardener, it actually sprayed a liquid, shot it all but missing one bottle probably means when it is supported ready to go on will have to get under it and touch it up with a throwaway brush, but when in the heck to you pull off the tap??? doesnt say anywhere
    garage door shut heat back on and keeping it low overnight, both fenders done also, and was looking at gas tank and said whsat the hell shot the very bottom also

wow temp is sure droppin a hour ago it was 58 now it is 45 heat back on in garage and i pulled tape off firewall area, no problem, wind shifted to NE and that tells me that front is thru (have to be a old sailor to know that crap) let her sit all night happy so far

now it is 5pm that is 1700 for you other guys,, and temp now 41... wow dropping fast
    Last edited by pelago; 02-16-2019 at 05:03 PM.

It looks like your making Great progress Pelago, it looks good considering the weather your contending with. The undercoating should make it last a long time, and they say it helps with the road noise a little as well.
    Makes me want to get back to work on mine, is I need to build a fire under the Ole boy's ars that's building the motor so I can get it and the tranny stuffed in it so I can start getting it wired.
    Keep up the Good work Buddy it is going to look great..

The bedliner is tricky stuff to run through a gun. It takes some tuning to get it to spray just right. You are correct, the first dose was probably on the shelf for a long time. As soon as the liner tacks up good, then you can pull your tape. You don't want it to harden up, or it will be a great to pull the tape. It was a good plan on your part to coat the bottom of the fuel tank. I've done that on my A2, several years back, and it has been fine.

Your garage is fairly well insulated, at least from the pictures. Even if the ambient temperature drops down into the 30s, the bedliner should be alright. We have R30 insulation in our garage, with no drywall (yet), and when we had overnight temps down into the twenties, it stayed comfortable with no heat on.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 02-16-2019 at 05:54 PM.

yeah garage is finished, 2X6 studs on 16"centers, it aint going anywhere. salt treated plate on two courses of cinder block...,
    the second bottle sprayed fine and came out as a liquid, first bottle must have sit for z long time it was consistency of valoline in a big lump, thinned it and shook hell out of it but it was horrible

You should be able to warm the garage with a candle. I have one vent in the utility room attached to the garage. Opening the man door, it warms up fairly quickly. The steel takes the longest to warm.

001.jpg002.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

generally speaking am very happy with the results, yeah missed some spots and some of it looks like small pox scars in reverse, but wth it will be looking down at ground, missed some but will have serious talk with napa about bad bottle and should be able to touch up with roller or throw away brush. I wore goggles and face mask and surgical throw away gloves, got some on right wrist and it burnt it somewhat, glad i took prep and wore hooded sweatshirt with hood up,,,, as soon as this critter goes on frame i burn sweatpants and sweatshirt that i have worn for each day of this evolution....

long time back there were some photos of strap placement to balance the body with lift, damificanfindthem....

I found on mine Pelago (a CJ-3A) that the bolt holes for the windshield swivel on the side of the cowl and the brackets to hold the tailgate shut are a perfect balance to pick the tub up level on mine, but you don't have the tailgate brackets on yours. I'm not sure what you have in the rear of the M38-A1 to run a bolt through to lift her up level.