Page 131 of 252 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

wth????

body is now hanging from engine hoist, i need to find another four inches of height to easily get the body over the steering wheel, may move the straps on front end some and maybe even let air out of tires some. NO WAY IS THAT DAMN STEERING COMING OUT NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, I WILL HIRE A DAMN CHERRY PICKER OR A HELO FIRST

Circuit Breaker / Wierd Message

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    Yeah, adding a breaker or even a fuse not a issue but current? have no idea about what to fuse the whole thing with?
    You don't have to protect a trailer, radio pack or a bunch of accessories. Here is a link to a little auto parts store breaker - it is a 30-amp breaker that will protect lights and ignition OK, but will trip out for a short to the chassis. I've used these in camper battery chargers that folks have shorted to the frame and blown the one-time fuses in the transformer high-current windings.

I like the little mounting tabs on this one:

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-...aker/32372_0_0

If you wanted to add another breaker to protect a trailer or accessory plug, just add another one one for a second circuit.

And, I get the 'moderator" reply sometimes - it's a website thing.

" ... i need to find another four inches of height to easily get the body over the steering wheel ..."

If you have the overhead clearance, it sounds like a job for three or four teen age boys ... a large pizza and a couple of 2 liter bottles of Mountain Dew.

With the body hanging from the engine hoist, attach a rope or strap to the farthest rear corner. When you approach the frame, pull on the strap to bring the body more of a 45 degree angle to the frame. This should do two things. The first is to twist the chain of the engine hoist, picking up an inch or two. The second is to sneak the steering wheel through the transmission tunnel opening.
    I concur with LarrBeard on the circuit breaker. 24 volt magic smoke means big buck repairs.

twisting the chain on hoist would be difficult, i installed a swivel on the hoist to be able to turn the body once it was in the air, when i get the thing out of the garage i have to reverse it in the hoist to be able to walk it over the frame, right now the thing has the hoist at the firewall end and i need to reverse it, hoist is a pain in the *** to turn around anyway, agree on the 24vdc smoke

Look at you mister fancy engine hoist chain! I keep thinking that when the Chinese ram on mine goes out, it would install a duel action ram. It raises with the handle goes up, and when pushed down. Could go air over hydraulic, but nope. The air line would just get in the way.
    Since you have a swivel on the chain, turn the body to a 45 degree angle, then attach another ratchet straps to the rear of the tub to the hoist. This should get you pert near your 4".

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Look at you mister fancy engine hoist chain! I keep thinking that when the Chinese ram on mine goes out, it would install a duel action ram. It raises with the handle goes up, and when pushed down. Could go air over hydraulic, but nope. The air line would just get in the way.
    Since you have a swivel on the chain, turn the body to a 45 degree angle, then attach another ratchet straps to the rear of the tub to the hoist. This should get you pert near your 4".

will try, moving things around tomorrow

26feb1.jpg26feb2.jpg26feb3.jpg26feb4.jpg

just wish my two grandsons would have been here, one is taller than i and outweighs me by 25lbs 16 6'4 and 225.... oh to be young, but it is on and damn if it did not drop right on mounting holes. right on the money.. as you can see lots of body work to do but did not want to do any until was on jeep

Nobody is ever around when you need help. Adapt and overcome! Good job on getting the body set on. My Grandson is 14, 6'4" and 210. He will be dangerous on the football field when his brain grows into his body.