Page 140 of 252 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

MY NEW PRAYER. "LORD PLEASE HELP ME TO NOT LOSE MY TEMPER WHEN DEALING WITH NC DMV LAW ENFORCEMENT INSPECTORS". Wanting to be completely accurate and truthful to obtain a clear title and get tags to drive this thing, i started with DMV, in 2017 they told me that they had to inspect it to find the VIN, I explained to the officer that in this case this is a military jeep and there is no VIN, his argument was 'IT HAS TO BE ON THE FRAME" I stripped the vehicle down to bare frame and called them back, told him that i had the frame sand blasted and is ready to be inspected. Told them i was putting primer on it to prevent rust, he said he wanted to see it in a few days un painted. I said to self "nuts to that, tons and tons of work to get to bare frame, $100.00 US Dollars to sand blast and i am going to sit there and watch it turn orange due to high humidity, I DONT THINK SO" t I Put a coat of primer on it. Three days later he showed up and started looking for a VIN, told him he was not going to see a VIN. I showed him page from maintenance manual identifying location of SERIAL NUMBER FOR VEHICLE. Was then told to call them back when again ready to have them look at it for safety purposes. I BUILD A JEEP Went to DMV, and they by the way are only open 2 hours a day, got there and was given forms and told to fill them out and get a surety bond after i get two appraisals from dealers. I pulled some favors and got it "APPRAISED BY TWO DEALERS". I then started surety bond procedures and that is fun also. long story short after 225.00 i get a bond. Yesterday I am at the DMV Inspection office, with all my forms and the bond and detailed photo essay, the man i needed to see "taking day off", but he will call you tomorrow. Not having any faith in the "don't call us, we will call you deal" I called, and lo and behold got to talk to the actual officer that came out, He said "do you have the title?" I of course said "NO, that is what i am trying to do now" He then says "well we authorized you to get a inoperative title in 2017" NEWS TO ME!!! told him simply i had not received any thing from anyone about this. He then says he will swing by and take a look, i asked time frame and he said 3ish, told him i would be there from 2pm til 4pm with vehicle ready to look at. Forgot one thing, yesterday another officer copied all my documents and implied that the surety bond is not correct, under type it said "MP" or multi purpose, which is right out of the NCDMV authorized descriptions, and that was determined by a call (by the bond people) to NCDMV, he said probably will have to get a rider changing that word??? Thinking WTF, change it to what?? have not changed or obtained a rider..............
    waiting patiently til this afternoon

DMV are the worst people, in every state I have lived. Here in New Mexico we has the wicked witch of the West and her minions running the local office. I have a politically connected friend and complained bitterly to him. He in turn told the local State Rep. I followed up with his successor, and poof. The office was cleaned out and new staff put in. They seem better. I face tomorrow the drag the Willys to the DMV and get the VIN inspected. Fortunately the data plate is intact and the serial legible.

I feel your pain.............

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjjeep View Post
    DMV are the worst people, in every state I have lived. Here in New Mexico we has the wicked witch of the West and her minions running the local office. I have a politically connected friend and complained bitterly to him. He in turn told the local State Rep. I followed up with his successor, and poof. The office was cleaned out and new staff put in. They seem better. I face tomorrow the drag the Willys to the DMV and get the VIN inspected. Fortunately the data plate is intact and the serial legible.

I feel your pain.............
    HERE IS DATA PLATE, AND THAT IS THE NUMBER ON ALL THE FORMS, WE SHALL SEE WHAT THIS GUY SAYS

ID1.jpg

and this guy said "that is not a vin" i said in 1952 it was, and also said show me a 1952 anything that has what you are looking for

This is probably the only descent thing about living in Alabama. Anything older than '75, there isn't a title issued. Every transaction requires a bill of sale on pre '75 vehicle. The insurance agent didn't even flinch when submitting the serial number of both our wagon and the 2A.

Good luck!

well, being polite might have worked, he showed up and wanted to see under the hood, not a problem sez I and open it up and he zeros n on the voltage regulator ans takes a bunch of pictures?? H e said give me a few minutes and i will type up a report, he does and i read it and lo and behold my jeep serial number is the voltage reg number.. sez i SIR THINK WE HAVE APROBLEM U USED THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR FOR THE SERIAL NUMBER THAT IS A VOLTAGE REGULATOR. Broke out the manual and went to page earmarked with paper clip and let him read the information on serial number plate location. he goes to that tag and says "that is the serial number?" (DID NOT SAY A FXXXX WORD) just remarked and said that is where the united states government says it is located...................all this paperwork i slaved over he never even looked at?????

conclusion, got the paper work to go to dmv and get tags

reconditoned voltage reg.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 03-20-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Why do I have Arlo Guthrie playing Alice's Restaurant running through my mind when reading your plight. Glossy 8 X 10" pictures with a paragraph on the back.

Another sure sign of a misspent youth ..

". except Alice ..."

"Just another case of blind justice...". Wasted youth is right.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-21-2019 at 06:38 AM.

Wiring...
    have had to ohm out all the wires and most of the tags that are on the wire are either no longer legible, or gone, along with some ends. anyone have a suggestion as to re identify and label the wires along similar lines as original, have a label maker but feel they will just not last, would rather have some kind of metal on them like originals, the ones i can read lasted over 60 years...
    wiring layout tedious, tedious, tedious. many hours so far invested in it. if one looks at the diagram where does #85 go at the ignition switch, just a unused wire??

#85 is an accessory power.
    Go to labelmaker.com, then look for the Dump Rhyno label maker for under $5. It will make metal embossed labels that can be tied on the harness.