Page 143 of 252 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

It will help to make your fuel lines live longer. The fuel lines are solid mounted, but your engine moves through torque, and the rubber engine mounts. The rubber line allows the engine to move, while everything else stays put.

WELL, Made some driveway room.. sold all my spare body parts and frame, man wants to start a rebuild and this is a good start, all the leftover pieces and parts and front and rear differentials gone..... been a long time since i saw that part of my driveway. He said he was going to join this group, hope so, nice guy with two, great sons that when they shook your hand it was not a limp dead mackerel, impressive..

looking at the two drain holes i have one on drivers side and one on passenger side, these are like double holes and kaiser sells a kit but $35.00 and they send four i only need two? think this is something i can make? and i plan on getting another quart of raptor bedding spray only in olive and spray a floor mat, on the drivers side and on passenger side and entire back bed, comments? My thinking is as soon as a person sits in it and drags feet there goes paint and exposes bright metal to rust?
    https://www.kaiserwillys.com/floor-p...71-jeep-willys
    Last edited by pelago; 03-29-2019 at 12:35 PM.

You can make the floor drain hole covers pretty easily. There isn't much to them at all, basically a figure 8 shape with the ears that bend down for you to get a grip on, as seen by the ones sold by Kaiser's. One piece covers both holes, with the screw in the center. Included is a link to a photo of the covers installed on a floor pan.

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/g...ompl.sized.jpg

Add the bed liner to your floors. That will help protect your body work for another 65 years of service.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-29-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    You can make the floor drain hole covers pretty easily. There isn't much to them at all, basically a figure 8 shape with the ears that bend down for you to get a grip on, as seen by the ones sold by Kaiser's. One piece covers both holes, with the screw in the center. Included is a link to a photo of the covers installed on a floor pan.

http://willysmjeeps.com/v2/modules/g...ompl.sized.jpg

Add the bed liner to your floors. That will help protect your body work for another 65 years of service.
    that is my plan looked at mats and price is out of this world, will make my own mats with raptor olive green bed liner!!!

actually thinking i will get this to the parade.. NOV 11 2019. okay i go to parade, but where can i go to (i know brag time) show it off?? any shows out there anywhere? will have a trailer to tow it in, either camp or motel (kinda like the camping idea, got all the stuff)

also got a quorte for the complete canvas, even doors and all materials complete minus labor to put them in $1400.00
    Last edited by pelago; 03-29-2019 at 05:48 PM.

The floor mat idea is a great one. Take some wax paper and lay on the floor to create a mold, then apply the Raptor liner to the paper. When it dries, the wax paper should peel right off, then you have custom mats.

I'll do a little searching on any upcoming shows. Every once in a while, the Veteran's museum in Huntsville AL Will have a small get together. The show is small, but the museum is worth every bit of the donation it takes to get in.

I do know I need to get off my back side and get the shovel to sent off to you. Did you get any leads on some wheels? I still have a set of 4 civilian 16" wheels that we can talk about. The tires are trashed, but they hold air, and the wheels aren't rusted out.

MIGHT GET LUCKY ON WHEELS,,,, fella in tx said he had a set and is now pricing shipping

Good deal. Hope it pans out for you on the wheels.

I checked with the guy by me that has all the army stuff and all he has is big truck wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    I checked with the guy by me that has all the army stuff and all he has is big truck wheels.
    gracious amigo...

got as sort of new topic, running the steel lines for fuel, my pictures dont really show how it goes from tank to pump, and i feel a decent filter is not a bad idea

The second to the last diagram has a pretty good lay out of the fuel lines.

http://www.surplusjeep.com/M38A1/m38a1-group_3_fuel.htm

A filter isn't a bad plan at all. If you make your lines, then you can put the filter anywhere you wish. I would recommend you use a clear filter, be it plastic or glass, to see when you are getting fuel, and the condition of the filter.

As far as any local military shows coming up, Denton Farm Park in Denton, NC has a military vehicle and gun show coming up at the end of April.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/De...!4d-80.0694651

Other than that, there isn't too much going on in the Southeast as far as musters or shows.

You may try the following link and plug it in to Facebook to see if they have anything coming up. I don't care anything for Facebook, so I can't find anything via their website;

http://www.memorialmuseum.org/about/events
    Last edited by gmwillys; 03-30-2019 at 12:39 PM.