Page 151 of 252 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

makes sense
    will plumb it to have positive pressure (air cleaner) on one side and "ex" vacuum on the other...
    cool went out the the A1 and fired it up, the fuel pump vacuum is quite strong, and the pcv valve vacuum comes to a "T" a few inches away from the distributor, this thing has a npt plug on one end, took it out and there is quite a bit of vacuum, quite strong, could easily go from that point to the distributor just inches away. the air cleaner has two ports on it for air, will use one and go to the other side of distributor, should be a good flow of clean cool air coming in and going out the other side to vacuum. probably put a npt plug into the unused port on air cleaner. I have the air cleaner intake pulling the fumes from the crankcase thru the oil fill, but it is only fumes and not any pressure so it should be inconsequential on the plan
    Last edited by pelago; 04-17-2019 at 05:52 PM.

I don't have the diagram in front of me for the vent system, but if memory serves me the second port goes to everything from the firewall back. The master cylinder fill cap, the transmission/transfer case. Those items aren't critical, unless you just want to be completely authentic. If you replace the fittings with a bronze breather plug, then everything will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I don't have the diagram in front of me for the vent system, but if memory serves me the second port goes to everything from the firewall back. The master cylinder fill cap, the transmission/transfer case. Those items aren't critical, unless you just want to be completely authentic. If you replace the fittings with a bronze breather plug, then everything will be happy.

have looked and studied the master plan for all vent lines... a plumber nightmare, and my skills at bending tubing would make it cost a ton of money, gonna keep it simple, leave the main vacuum line for the windshield motor, and the pvc side to vent the distributor

I agree. Fit, form, and function.

I agree. Fit, form, and function.

one thing i have to be careful with is to NOT interfere with the ability of the distributor to turn for timing adjustment

The little brass plugs look pretty neat ...

Quote Originally Posted by larrbeard View Post
    the little brass plugs look pretty neat ...

am putting in two pieces of preformed tubing, and will actually cut them and add flexible hose, this way i will not interfere with future timing issues.. (right now the critter is right on the money and starts in less than one revolution of the crank)

I agree with either adding a little extra copper to form a service loop, or your idea of the flexible hose. You could use a brake hose, then you will be keeping with the flared tubing and unions.

I agree with either adding a little extra copper to form a service loop, or your idea of the flexible hose. You could use a brake hose, then you will be keeping with the flared tubing and unions.

DONE!! VACUUM FROM PVC SIDE, TO BOTTOM OF DISTRIBUTOR, THEN IT PULLS AIR FROM THE TOP OF DISTRIBUTOR TO THE AIR CLEANER. Took a piece of paper maybe 3"X3" and the vacuum at the air cleaner side held the paper to the end of the tube where it goes into the air cleaner........................
    now i can get back to the puzzle factory of the lights

Good deal. What's next on the to-do list?