Page 153 of 252 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2512

Thread: well, the darn thing is out

Awhhh, man. They're not "just dogs...". Sorry about that.

My deepest condolences Ira.

losing Magoo has just taken the wind out of my sail.... it will pass, but guys am not ashamed to tell you i cried and cried for him, and got mad at him for sneaking out. it just hurts, since i am alone now he was my best friend, my confident and protector, i suffered sometimes with ptsd, and would be off in a different time and world, he would not let anyone get close to me, nor would he leave, he would sit touching me, sometimes adtually getting into my lap until it passed

In Memory of Max Magoo

Quote Originally Posted by pelago View Post
    losing Magoo has just taken the wind out of my sail
    From all of us who have followed your story, we understand your loss. Magoo went through the hurricane with you. He was your PTSD support as well as a companion. You cried for him, you got mad at him. Just don't start blaming yourself (that's another stage of grief).

Take a couple of days and go fishing to get yourself off the property.

I suggest that the M38 gets a little nickname tagged on a rear panel; "Max Magoo".

maybe, and am looking for another pup, can never replace magoo, but got room in heart for another
    name the 38 Max Magoo, not a bad idea

one of these guys is going to be mine

one ia minw.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 04-24-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Yellow Labs? - obviously not Black.

Take the runt - that's the one that's had to work the hardest.

I second the notion of the runt. May 38 Max Magoo fulfill the part that his predecessor left behind.

Dogs are the most loyal critter that one can be blessed with. They hold the keys to your soul, and protectors of your heart.

We have two dogs that I hold near and dear. My long suffering Misses found the Shepard for me, for a birthday present. The other was a flea market free puppy that was the runt of the litter. Both are great, loyal pups with totally different personalities. The picture of the Shepard was taken on a day last winter where she wasn't feeling good at all. I carried her into the garage, and sat with her until she perked up. By the next morning, she was ready to patrol the perimeter again. That was a great relief to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I second the notion of the runt. May 38 Max Magoo fulfill the part that his predecessor left behind.

Dogs are the most loyal critter that one can be blessed with. They hold the keys to your soul, and protectors of your heart.

We have two dogs that I hold near and dear. My long suffering Misses found the Shepard for me, for a birthday present. The other was a flea market free puppy that was the runt of the litter. Both are great, loyal pups with totally different personalities. The picture of the Shepard was taken on a day last winter where she wasn't feeling good at all. I carried her into the garage, and sat with her until she perked up. By the next morning, she was ready to patrol the perimeter again. That was a great relief to me.

thank yolu for sharing your pooches, am doing my best to cope, dogs are with us for such a short time, i had Moxie Magoo for 9 years and he was abruptley taken from me, and i have been around death for a long time, but this really got to me, hewas such a companion, and he was my best friend. truly he was. am now waiting for a new pup, put a deposit on a lab puppy, they were born on easter sunday the day before magoo was killed. the stark reality is he is gone, he is now back in his yard with all of his toys.

am trying to get back into my jeep, and i will survive this, and will cry when i lose another one, guess that is my nature. Dogs are not pets, nor something you own, they are not property, They are truly mans best friend, God put them here for a reason, and he brought such joy to me, i live alone and he was all i had. and am anxiously waiting for new pup. looking forward to bonding with him and hopefully a new best friend. Have had labs all of my life and cried each time i lost one. When i got back from my first tour in RVN i had a lab named Nuba, she got sick, very sick but she waited til her daddy came home, when she greeted me at the door she was like a puppy again, whining crying, tail going wild licking and kissing the way dogs do, I went to bwd that night, and she got into her usual place and died in her sleep that night, peacefully that was long long ago, but still love her as much as i did anyof them and loved Moxie magoo, and always will
    thanksone ia minw.jpg
    Last edited by pelago; 04-26-2019 at 04:39 AM.

okay the m38a1.....
    sdudying the chematic hard and doing aligator clip wiring tests the headlights work, but when i donfigure thru the dimmer swtictch nothing?? how in the hell does the light get ground 17 powesrt all the lights, and goes to lamp in dash to tell you hi beam, but where in the hell is the ground

rear light in proper configuration

cats eyes.jpgtail light normal light on.jpgtail light brake light on.jpgtail light off1.jpg

Ground for Headlights - and Our Critters

Head lights get their ground from wire #91.

#16 is power from light switch on dash to dimmer switch.

#17 is High Beam, goes to lamp on dash and headlights.

#18 is Low Beam.

#91 is ground for headlights. It comes out through the grommet on the headlight bucket and grounds to a lug on the back of the headlight bucket. It looks like a loose piece of wire that is not part of the harness and it could have wandered off sometime or another.

There is a picture showing wire # 91 in TM9-8014, Page 206, Figure 104.

My first wife and I had a big white Persian cat (yeah, a cat) that we inherited from a daughter who brought him back from college. (Daughters have brought back a lot worse...). He became my cat - for example he would climb ladders and "help" me clean gutters. After I lost my wife, he was my foot warmer at night. I had to put him down and I realized that a lot of the grief I spent on him had been grief I had penned up from losing my wife. There will never be another Great White Pooh Cat...
    Attached Images Attached Images